Loggy Byou WMA

Talk about various Louisiana duck hunting tactics with others and explore issues related to duck hunting in the heart of Cajun duck hunting country.

Moderators: The Cat Island Drake, La. Hunter, Smackaduck

Loggy Byou WMA

Postby chootin ducks5 » Thu Aug 29, 2013 12:21 am

I need some help guys. I moved to the Shreveport are from Alexandria and I am STRUGGELING to find ducks up here. I recently found Loggy Bayou WMA and the green tree resivoir but don't have a clue where to go in there. I love hunting flooded timber but am I wasting my time there? Are there ducks in there? Ive also been to Bodcau and all I can get on is woodys! any help here would be great. One other thing is I usually have my kids with me so I am limited on "safe shallow" places to go. Please throw me a bone! Oh I have a boat rigged out w/ a blind too so that's a option as well.
chootin ducks5
hunter

Re: Loggy Byou WMA

Postby A5Mag12 » Thu Aug 29, 2013 7:08 am

Good luck. Thanks to giant salvinia we have lost at least half the duck hunting we had up here.
A5Mag12
hunter

Postby AaronR » Thu Aug 29, 2013 8:03 am

I hear the red river offers excellent hunting opportunities.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free
AaronR
hunter

Postby DC KILLER » Sat Aug 31, 2013 9:08 am

Hunting around here has gone to hell in a hand basket. A deminishing amount of birds, at least mallards and pintails, even make it down this far due to all the food in ark and missourri. Grey duck and teal shoots are the bread and butter hunts in nw la. And they are hit and miss with the exception of opening day and second split opener. Just seems to be a trend over the past 5 yrs of less birds to chase and more hunters to compete with. Out of my avg of 50 hunts per year, i doubt 10 of them are around here.

Loggy and the river can be ok at times, but you can bet youll have your hands full with other hunters. Unless you can hunt during the week, i would look elsewhere.
SouthArkduckslayers- "I think I got cancer...."
DC KILLER- "HUH?"

"yea, I got this bump on my lip"

"REALLY?"

"yea, hang on a second and Ill tell ya bout it, let me put this dip in"
DC KILLER
hunter

Postby chootin ducks5 » Sat Aug 31, 2013 10:47 pm

Thanks DC hunter, I only hunt during the week unless my kids want to go. I guess ill go scout out loggy. Is the teal hunting any good in there?
chootin ducks5
hunter

Postby DC KILLER » Wed Sep 04, 2013 12:59 pm

Loggy has always been more of a grey duck hole. And not a very consistent one, with the occasional exception here and there. As a general rule, look for big open shallow flats with edible vegetation. If there's teal in town, thats where theyll be
SouthArkduckslayers- "I think I got cancer...."
DC KILLER- "HUH?"

"yea, I got this bump on my lip"

"REALLY?"

"yea, hang on a second and Ill tell ya bout it, let me put this dip in"
DC KILLER
hunter

Postby Mudhole » Wed Sep 11, 2013 7:27 am

Wouldn't waste my time in Loggy looking for ducks! With the drought, they'll be no water! Clear Lake in the NW corner can be good, but it'll look like a city in there well before shooting time, filled with yahoos!! I've hunted out there for a 100 years, and like DC saidm there's little to no ducks around here anymore, and now with everyone thinking they are Duck Commamders, its even worst with the yahoos!!
________Mudhole________
Waterfowl Population Control
Building a boat blind:
http://www.duckhuntingchat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=72&t=67602
Paintin your boat:
http://www.duckhuntingchat.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=72&t=146292
Mudhole
hunter

Return to Louisiana Duck Hunting