Moved from St. Bernard to Wisconsin

Talk about various Louisiana duck hunting tactics with others and explore issues related to duck hunting in the heart of Cajun duck hunting country.

Moderators: The Cat Island Drake, La. Hunter, Smackaduck

Moved from St. Bernard to Wisconsin

Postby BurnettGunner » Fri Nov 01, 2013 2:21 pm

Moved from the St. Bernard marsh up to Wisconsin last year. Don't ever let anyone tell you that there is a place better to hunt ducks than Louisiana. I shot more ducks in Louisiana in 2 weeks than I shoot in the entire 60 day season up here. Thank God I still have some good friends that will take me out hunting when I make it back to the marsh this January.

One of the hardest things to break is calling ducks by their French names instead of English. Everyone up here thinks I'm crazy when I start calling them up to tell them Dos Gris are on the lake. Hahaha.

Good luck with the season, even though I know you don't need luck down there. :fingerhead:
BurnettGunner
hunter

Re: Moved from St. Bernard to Wisconsin

Postby dwr353 » Wed Nov 06, 2013 2:58 pm

No kidding, I was bitching to some friends from WI who were hunting here a few years ago. i was complaining about not breaking 100 yet. They looked at me with a puzzled look. They said any one who kills that many up there would be a local legend. Was telling me that a retired friend of theirs hunts every day, all day and is lucky to kill 50 a season.
dwr353
hunter

Re: Moved from St. Bernard to Wisconsin

Postby Rhock19 » Wed Nov 06, 2013 4:16 pm

its true. Im in se wisconsin and the two good hunting weeks are the opener and closer. oct-middle of nov. are normally terrible. geese are around in high numbers though

Team Quackout
Rhock19
hunter

Return to Louisiana Duck Hunting