Catahoula Lake draw down

Talk about various Louisiana duck hunting tactics with others and explore issues related to duck hunting in the heart of Cajun duck hunting country.

Moderators: The Cat Island Drake, La. Hunter, Smackaduck

Re: Catahoula Lake draw down

Postby Jayhawker » Wed Nov 20, 2013 7:35 pm

Would you now like to be known as Mr. Pot or Mr. Kettle?
You gonna eat that?
Jayhawker
hunter

Postby Jayhawker » Wed Nov 20, 2013 8:05 pm

Original Duckster wrote:Jayhawker, are you Park and Toledo's sock? Just askin

Are you suggesting that either Park or Toledo have
1. Obtained an additional email account.
and
2. either bought an additional internet line into the house or are tapping into the neighbors open wifi

Is this what you think?
You gonna eat that?
Jayhawker
hunter

Postby Mr.L » Wed Nov 20, 2013 9:04 pm

Jayhawker, you are a real comedian. I appreciate humor but I can't be the Pot or the Kettle because I'm not black.
Mr.L
hunter

Postby Park Duck » Fri Nov 22, 2013 6:30 am

It ain't me ol buddy
Park Duck
hunter

Postby Sclf » Sat Nov 23, 2013 5:05 pm

Jayhawker wrote:
Park Duck wrote:
I like this dude. He has it spot on

You should go get a job for fish and game then. They need some guys that care about our cause. We can't have outsiders comming in here thinking they can hunt our lake, which is happening more and more. Plus, this is the only place I can afford to hunt some reserved spots. Hell I'd have to pay big money for a blind on private land somewhere else. Here I get to hunt my private claims for free. We don't even pay no taxes on our private claims even. Where else can a fella do that. Why on earth would we want this important part of our louisiana culture to end.
Too bad our guy Riser didn't get in, I'm told we'd have had nothing to worry about. Looks like well have to work on wrapping Mcallister around our finger like the rest of em. Shouldn't bee too hard. I'll even shed a tear at a town hall telling him how much my grandkids love hunting my blinds, and one almost got hiperthermia one time when we hunted out in the elements at Saline.
At least we old-timers should be granfatered in if they change some stuff. After all we dug the lake.

You've got to be kidding? This attitude is what ruins public hunting for lots of folks. If you want control of some land, go buy or lease some!!! The government owns this land and allows you to hunt it for free. Moreover, they do their best to make it prime habitat. If I wanna keep my place as prime habitat, it cost me money for pumps and poison and marsh buggies... You sound like a welfare recipient, "give me give me, it's mine and I deserve it." And you don't own crap out there, your spot does not belong to you. I'm so tired of this attitude towards public hunting. Just bc your grandad hunted a spot DOES NOT make it yours. If your grandad would have worked his tail off and bought land to pass down then you could do what you want with it. See the difference? If you want your grand kids to have a nice place, then how about you go work your tail off to go buy some land to pass them. In the meantime, just enjoy the fact you have a more than decent place to hunt for free.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
Sclf
hunter

Postby Jayhawker » Sat Nov 23, 2013 8:04 pm

Thats the whole point. Ruin it for you so you don't come back.
You gonna eat that?
Jayhawker
hunter

Postby Sclf » Sat Nov 23, 2013 8:27 pm

Jayhawker wrote:Thats the whole point. Ruin it for you so you don't come back.

I don't need to go there. I shoot all the ducks I want at my own spot and don't have to deal people like u. It's great!! Your the type of person who id like to exercise my right to hunt in "your" public spot just to piss you off.
Sclf
hunter

Postby Toledo » Mon Nov 25, 2013 12:25 pm

OH NO, ITS FLOODING ITS FLOODING! That dam COE should have already had the gates open with this forecast! They aint managing my water right!
Toledo
hunter

Postby sfc711 » Mon Nov 25, 2013 1:53 pm

Some of you guys need to go over to Iraq/Afghanistan or become disabled and then not be able to do any recreational activities that you use to do or take for granted then you would appreciate just the chance to hunt or fish. Since 04 I was not able to do anything but sit in a chair or lay in a bed and pray, wish whatever to be able to do any of those things I use to take for granted. I am lucky that I helped people out when I could when I was abled too so now that I am back on my feet by Grace of God although i hurt every minute of every day. I have friends who have hunted Catahoula with thier granddad's and now hunt with thier grandchildren and take me with them Its a public lake so for someone to want to make it hard or be nasty for someone who wants to hunt is not hospitable at all and gives Louisianians a bad rep
Gary D Robinson
sfc711
hunter

Postby metalworx » Tue Nov 26, 2013 9:10 pm

No lack of water now
gt 1854 with a gtr35
metalworx
hunter

Catahoula Lake draw down

Postby Assault » Wed Nov 27, 2013 5:48 pm

Mr.L wrote:Toledo you can't compare Catahoula Lake to the flooded timber hunting along Mississippi River. On Catahoula Lake the most successful hunting takes place on the opening weekends of the first split and second split. If water level is not at the mark set by the Tri Party agreement many hunters cannot hunt. Six inches of water makes a big difference. Ducks do not come to Catahoula Lake ahead of cold fronts like they once use to in 70's and 80's. Years ago you could watch weather and if an approaching cold front was coming you could go hunting there and expect a good hunt. For some reason migration patterns have changed. If you can't hunt on opening morning now, you more than likely won't have many chances to have successful hunts during rest of season.

There are many other placed to hunt on public land! I hunt the flooded timbers of the Mississippi River! I've learned to move an adapt! I don't hunt out of a blind or boat! I carry 12 decoys over my shoulder, wearing waiters, back sack (loaded with shells, food and water). I go to the birds! I don't wait on them to come to me!
Last edited by Assault on Wed Nov 27, 2013 6:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
If I c it in the air, it's coming down!
Assault
hunter

Postby Assault » Wed Nov 27, 2013 5:58 pm

Sclf wrote:
Jayhawker wrote:Thats the whole point. Ruin it for you so you don't come back.

I don't need to go there. I shoot all the ducks I want at my own spot and don't have to deal people like u. It's great!! Your the type of person who id like to exercise my right to hunt in "your" public spot just to piss you off.

X2!!!!
If I c it in the air, it's coming down!
Assault
hunter

Postby Jayhawker » Mon Dec 09, 2013 10:00 pm

Sclf wrote:I don't need to go there. I shoot all the ducks I want at my own spot and don't have to deal people like u. It's great!! Your the type of person who id like to exercise my right to hunt in "your" public spot just to piss you off.

If I remember right. that survey they did a couple years back showed that duck hunters outside the catahoula area didn't really care what happened up here. That just goes to show you that all these years of making life miserable for outsiders has paid off. They gave up coming up here and if they do, they'll pay the guides to take them out.
Paying us to go out on public land :lol3: :lol3: :lol3:
You gonna eat that?
Jayhawker
hunter

Postby Toledo » Tue Dec 10, 2013 7:59 am

Jayhawker wrote:If I remember right. that survey they did a couple years back showed that duck hunters outside the catahoula area didn't really care what happened up here. That just goes to show you that all these years of making life miserable for outsiders has paid off. They gave up coming up here and if they do, they'll pay the guides to take them out.
Paying us to go out on public land :lol3: :lol3: :lol3:

There were some interesting things in the results of that survey. I dont think it was ever published for some reason though.
Toledo
hunter

Postby Underradar » Tue Dec 10, 2013 11:57 am

The State needs money. Catahoula is to be drained, plowed and planted in ethanol corn.
My lab died, and no one on Duckhuntingchat even cared.

Google I'm feeling lucky: DU biologist stole my car

You may win a fight, but you can never win an argument.
Underradar
hunter

Postby Toledo » Tue Dec 10, 2013 2:01 pm

Underradar wrote:The State needs money. Catahoula is to be drained, plowed and planted in ethanol corn.

:lol: Jayhawker :lol: ?
Toledo
hunter

Postby Jayhawker » Tue Dec 10, 2013 7:42 pm

Wow, only 28 posts and I already have a thread with my name on it!

This was not my goal. Me, Mr. L, OG, and the likes are only trying to preserve our heritage. We just have different tactics in doing so. People, telling them there's room to squat between our blinds, or even worse, to get into our blinds, will only make the crowding problems worse!

I'm actually quite curteous out there. someones welcome to use my blind until I get there 5 min. before shooting time. then they must go! :lol3:
You gonna eat that?
Jayhawker
hunter

Previous

Return to Louisiana Duck Hunting