Any luck?

Talk about various Louisiana duck hunting tactics with others and explore issues related to duck hunting in the heart of Cajun duck hunting country.

Moderators: The Cat Island Drake, La. Hunter, Smackaduck

Any luck?

Postby Stack_em_up » Fri Nov 29, 2013 2:00 pm

How is the duck and goose hunting in the north east corner of the state? Anyone have any reports?
Stack_em_up
hunter

Re: Any luck?

Postby alans » Fri Nov 29, 2013 8:08 pm

HORRIBLE..... I don't know of anyone that is doing much good. A few are being killed on bouef WMA, Darbonne refuge is hit and miss, Turkey Creek Lake is absolute crap this year, and Tensas has been hit and miss. Usually I am eat up with the gadwalls during the first split, only saw and killed one while hunting. It is surprisingly a good many mallards down, but they are already educated. Wood ducks and teal abandoned me after the big rain we had. I have been hunting 14 years and this is by far the worst start i have ever had. A good sunrise beats sitting at work any day though.
alans
hunter

Postby Stack_em_up » Sat Nov 30, 2013 12:11 pm

That is very true, I'd rather be out in the blind trying then sitting at work. Do you think the season will pick up as it goes on or is it just an off year?
Stack_em_up
hunter

Postby alans » Sat Nov 30, 2013 3:49 pm

I'm hoping it picks up. The teal were late this year, so everything is out of sync. I'm still waiting on the gadwalls to show up. I feel neglected by them this year. As soon as my buddies airplane gets fixed, I will find them. One thing for sure, it has been a crazy year. I'm hoping they are just running two weeks late like the teal were.
alans
hunter

Postby Toledo » Sat Nov 30, 2013 9:31 pm

The gadwalls are flat out MIA this year in a lot of the traditional spots in TX and LA.
Toledo
hunter

Postby alans » Sat Nov 30, 2013 9:42 pm

I wish I knew what was going on with them. We must have pissed off the duck gods lol. One thing I know for sure, I will never ever ever ever ever ever take gadwalls for granted ever again.
alans
hunter

Postby Sclf » Sat Nov 30, 2013 11:41 pm

alans wrote:I'm hoping it picks up. The teal were late this year, so everything is out of sync. I'm still waiting on the gadwalls to show up. I feel neglected by them this year. As soon as my buddies airplane gets fixed, I will find them. One thing for sure, it has been a crazy year. I'm hoping they are just running two weeks late like the teal were.

wait, u scout of an airplane? That's just flat not fair! Haha
Sclf
hunter

Postby alans » Sun Dec 01, 2013 9:01 am

They can hide from boats, ATVs, and walking. No hiding from a airplane lol. Sad thing about it is that I hate heights. I lay down and kiss the ground every time we land haha.
alans
hunter

Return to Louisiana Duck Hunting