Catahoula?

Talk about various Louisiana duck hunting tactics with others and explore issues related to duck hunting in the heart of Cajun duck hunting country.

Moderators: The Cat Island Drake, La. Hunter, Smackaduck

Catahoula?

Postby Cenla1 » Mon Dec 09, 2013 7:52 am

Can the ones withi more experience explain the water dropping so fast and to 29.1 today. Frustrating that had to wait so long to get it to normal then they can drop the bottom out of it that quick. Is this normal? I know the season is closed but went from to high to kill birds to to low to get to blind in two days crazy.
Cenla1
hunter

Re: Catahoula?

Postby Mr.L » Mon Dec 09, 2013 9:39 am

The Corps has a manpower problem and often leave the diversion canal unattended for several days. It has been cracked open for many days. I hope they shut it soon and get it back to 29.5 ft for the opening of the second split.
Mr.L
hunter

Postby Original Duckster » Mon Dec 09, 2013 10:45 am

The water at Stock Landing dropped about 8" when the north wind stopped. It was hard on the folks that are not used to hunting that end. Went from 4 wheeler/airboats to mud motors and outboards back to wheelers all in the first split. Do not wish for more water or we'll get it for sure! :biggrin:
When in doubt, pee on it.
Original Duckster
hunter

Postby Park Duck » Mon Dec 09, 2013 12:30 pm

I'm hoping for ten inches if rain
Park Duck
hunter

Postby Jayhawker » Mon Dec 09, 2013 9:52 pm

Me too,

I've been calling the wildlife and complaining about how, if I can't get to my blind then they're not managing right. Thought I finally talked to the right person after the water was so high for the fist split, but apparently somebody's dropped the ball.

Gonna have to hit the phone bank again, get some pressure on the politicians and get some real wildlife management done.
You gonna eat that?
Jayhawker
hunter

Postby Quack-Attack19 » Tue Dec 10, 2013 10:45 am

I really think they should kick people off of this forum that make accounts just to try to mock people and make them look bad. That is all Jayhawker is doing, everything he posts on this forum is just to make Catahoula hunters look like a bunch of self-centered, dumb, rednecks. I've seen a few people take this fraud seriously and I just hope that the majority of people see and understand what he is trying to do.

Hope everyone has a safe second split.

Thanks,
Quack-Attack19
hunter

Return to Louisiana Duck Hunting