URGENT: Need help form the Catahoula Family!

Talk about various Louisiana duck hunting tactics with others and explore issues related to duck hunting in the heart of Cajun duck hunting country.

Moderators: The Cat Island Drake, La. Hunter, Smackaduck

URGENT: Need help form the Catahoula Family!

Postby Jayhawker » Thu Dec 12, 2013 10:49 pm

Attention all true Catahoula duck hunters.

My son in law just landed a job in Alec. He's hunted my blinds a few times while visiting from California, but now that he'll be around more often I don't want him hanging around my areas. So I'll have to cut him loose.

During the split I've done a little preliminary work trying to find him a location to build a blind next summer but don't see anything that I'd consider acceptable distance from other blinds.

So I'm asking you good fellas a favor. If you know of ANYWHERE on the lake that's got an empty spot for a blind PM me.

He doesn't sky bust and he won't wear out the area because he only hunts every day but Wednesday.

First choice would be anybody that's retiring from hunting the lake and will be giving up their blind.

Quack Attack, If he can't get a blind location could you PM me as to your whereabouts so he can hunt from his boat blind over by you without being harassed by the real nasty Catahoula hunters. He grew up pentecostal and I don't think he can handle how things go down everywhere else.
You gonna eat that?
Jayhawker
hunter

Re: URGENT: Need help form the Catahoula Family!

Postby Assault » Sun Dec 15, 2013 11:29 am

Hold up! Thought u were all about keeping catahoula all family and locals! Now u wanna run off ur kin folk? U got a screw loose?
If I c it in the air, it's coming down!
Assault
hunter

Postby Park Duck » Sun Dec 15, 2013 11:48 am

Does he catch the Holy Ghost and start shaking when he sees jacks working the jugs? I ain't about to have some ol Pentecostal boy shaking the blind all to hell with the Holy Ghost.
Park Duck
hunter

Postby Toledo » Sun Dec 15, 2013 9:36 pm

Jayhawker wrote: If you know of ANYWHERE on the lake that's got an empty spot for a blind PM me.

I know its sarcasm but it does bring up a good point. No such thing. You can be 300 yards away and still get the "TOO CLOSE" BS.
Toledo
hunter

Postby Jayhawker » Wed Dec 18, 2013 8:05 pm

My faith in my fellow Catahoulan has been restored.

After all the talk about being a really nice bunch of guys who are gonna welcome all comers to our lake, I was starting to get worried that my neighbors were worn down and looking to ruin the good thing we have.
But now I''m proud to say that after a week, I've receive no messages in response to my request. This just warms my heart to know that deep down we're all still on the same page and that there is truly no :welcome: for those rats from outside the area. for as slow as the first split was, and the fact that there's nothing left but cans and jacks, any good ducks out there need to be reserved for us.
I was actually afraid that quack attack 19 was gonna give up his spot to my fictitious son in law, or at least go into a blind-share agreement. But he held up his end of the "Catahoula Code" and not a peep.

I'm so proud of you quack attack, but you know the downside is that this makes you: A FRAUD.

Rejoice Catahoulaman this jewel truly remains ours alone :beer:
You gonna eat that?
Jayhawker
hunter

Postby metalworx » Wed Dec 18, 2013 8:33 pm

Dang
As bad as the hunting is out there now
I was planning on holding out and trying to sell my blinds to your son for about 7,000 each
Guess i gonna just be stuck with them now
gt 1854 with a gtr35
metalworx
hunter

Postby Toledo » Wed Dec 18, 2013 9:32 pm

metalworx wrote:Dang
As bad as the hunting is out there now
I was planning on holding out and trying to sell my blinds to your son for about 7,000 each
Guess i gonna just be stuck with them now

Try La Sportsman classifieds. Seems $5k was the last going rate I saw for a 300 yardx300 yard piece of the states land out there.
Toledo
hunter

Return to Louisiana Duck Hunting