Shell Limits?

Talk about various Louisiana duck hunting tactics with others and explore issues related to duck hunting in the heart of Cajun duck hunting country.

Moderators: The Cat Island Drake, La. Hunter, Smackaduck

Shell Limits?

Postby Toledo » Mon Dec 16, 2013 4:28 pm

It's the one thing that could help fix the problems that we see of skybusting, all day hunting, sailing birds, shooting random crap, flaring birds, etc. There is nothing worse than seeing a place holding 10,000+ birds get burned out in a day by retards that carry 2-3+ boxes of shells each and shoot at everything inside 80 yards all morning long. Excessive shooting is by far the fastest way to birdless skies in the days to come. Any bird that's near by when shots ring out is pretty much a bird gone for everybody in that area. That's just part of the game and goes along with killing stuff but its nothing short of stupid and selfish when your chance of connecting is extremely low. My opinion would be a 20 shell max but even limiting it to one box of 25 could likely make a huge difference in the heavily pressured areas. I really don't see a down side. The retards would be forced to adjust their habits and the end result would be more birds for everyone including them.

Would you support it? Why or why not?
Toledo
hunter

Re: Shell Limits?

Postby goosehappy » Mon Dec 16, 2013 4:46 pm

Almost everywhere I hunt has shell limit. 18 or 25. IMHO it doesn't change a thing. The good guys obey the rules, and the inconsiderate ones don't, and you still get fools trying to down ducks at 100 yards with #4 steel with three shots, and those guys never seem to run out of ammo. And then you get in a situation chasing a cripple and have to use valuable rounds. And then do you really like CO's patting you down and counting your shells? You can't fix stupid.
trapped in the polar vortex
goosehappy
hunter

Postby Sclf » Tue Dec 17, 2013 10:35 am

I think a 1 box limit is a great idea for public areas. The problem is enforcement. They already don't enforce many of the current rules and regs. I really wish they did a better job in that area.
Sclf
hunter

Postby tb44 » Tue Dec 17, 2013 2:42 pm

yes its needed on wma and refuges.
tb44
hunter

Postby LA.Call'emClose » Fri Dec 20, 2013 3:30 pm

I would support a 15 shell limit on public lands
• I think we consider too much the good luck of the early bird and not enough the bad luck of the early worm.- Franklin D. Roosevelt
• Life's tough...It's even tougher if your stupid.- The Duke
LA.Call'emClose
hunter

Postby mallardman2256 » Sat Jan 11, 2014 5:17 pm

One box/25 shell limit. Needed on all public lands. If you can't drop 6 in 25 shots then you need to hang your stuff up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
<only two kinds of people don't have beards, boys and women,....and I am neither>
<the way i see it is the Lord only blesses you with so many sunrises and sunsets and i want to catch as many as i can>
mallardman2256
hunter

Postby Greenhead Grappler » Thu Jan 16, 2014 3:43 am

I agree 100%. 25 shells per person on all public land. I'd like to add a no blinds anywhere to that policy. I'm tired of seeing boxes all over the lake with nobody in them holding a spot. You'd see duck hunting around here get much better. Problem is there's too many ppl making money off these things to allow that.
Canceling Flights in the backwater of Northwest LA
Greenhead Grappler
Forum Moderator

Return to Louisiana Duck Hunting