Wonderduck Cyclone Duck Butt

Talk about various Louisiana duck hunting tactics with others and explore issues related to duck hunting in the heart of Cajun duck hunting country.

Moderators: The Cat Island Drake, La. Hunter, Smackaduck

Wonderduck Cyclone Duck Butt

Postby Mr.L » Tue Dec 17, 2013 8:57 am

Has anyone ever tried a Wonderduck Cyclone duck butt? The video of them shows great splashing motion and the manufacturer claims they will last 15 hrs on two D cell batteries? I have a Mallard Master Feedin Frenzy duck butt that seems to work well on coaxing in wary mallards on still, windless days. The manufacturer claims the Feedin Frenzy will last 6 hours on three AA batteries but in reality it only lasts about 2 hours. The Wonderduck is pricey at about $108.
Mr.L
hunter

Re: Wonderduck Cyclone Duck Butt

Postby Toledo » Tue Dec 17, 2013 9:08 am

Haven’t used that one but we use the Higdon pulsators and they work for sure. We use 6 of them in with 1-2 dozen regular decoys on ponds over here in texas when the wind is down. They make the spread come alive. We figured out that keeping the ratio of pulsators high in relationship to the total number of decoys makes the biggest difference. Two pulsators with a half dozen regular decoys will look like a small flock of feeding birds. Two pulsators in 200 regular decoys will still look like somebody added a motion decoy to a big blob of decoys. We like the higdons because they use the large rechargeable batteries like you would use on a deer feeder. They are heavy and not cheap but they work.
Toledo
hunter

Postby Mr.L » Tue Dec 17, 2013 9:40 am

Don't buy a Mojo feeder. They are a joke for $99. My friend bought one and we tried it yesterday. It squirts water buts makes almost no ripples.
Mr.L
hunter

Postby Original Duckster » Wed Dec 18, 2013 9:51 am

Never used the Wonderduck butt but the old Wonderduck spinning wing decoys would run forever on D cells. Simple and almost bullet proof.
When in doubt, pee on it.
Original Duckster
hunter

Postby Toledo » Wed Dec 18, 2013 9:58 am

Found this on another site- "I just got a wonder duck cyclone and it works really well, plus it doesn't weigh much and runs at least 2 hunts on 2 D batteries."
Toledo
hunter

Postby labman63 » Sat Dec 21, 2013 7:08 pm

I have two of them and use them everytime the water is slick. Work great.
labman63
hunter

Return to Louisiana Duck Hunting