Youth hunt rant

Talk about various Louisiana duck hunting tactics with others and explore issues related to duck hunting in the heart of Cajun duck hunting country.

Moderators: The Cat Island Drake, La. Hunter, Smackaduck

Youth hunt rant

Postby Original Duckster » Mon Feb 03, 2014 2:26 pm

Youth hunt means YOUTH, not adults shooting with a boat load of lil fellas for show!

With that said, I did see a fine young man take 3 nice ducks on the wing. Good job Mason!! :thumbsup:
When in doubt, pee on it.
Original Duckster
hunter

Re: Youth hunt rant

Postby Mr.L » Tue Feb 04, 2014 9:09 am

Original Duckster, I know what you mean. The youth duck hunt was originally designed with good intentions to introduce young people to duck hunting. Unfortunately, there are many adults who use it as a chance to prolong their duck hunting. I have known of many adults who take their sons and daughters on this hunt to kill their limits for them. I am sure it is impossible to enforce the law unless a game warden actually sees an adult shoot.
Mr.L
hunter

Postby Rick Hall » Tue Feb 04, 2014 9:32 am

Mr.L wrote:I have known of many adults who take their sons and daughters on this hunt to kill their limits for them.

Don't doubt that it happens, but have the good fortune of knowing no one who does so. Or at least not fesses up to it.
If you think I'm wrong, you might be right.
Rick Hall
hunter

Postby Toledo » Tue Feb 04, 2014 1:47 pm

Another prime example of how the wardens need to get out on the water and put a dent in the people intentionally breaking the law instead of hovering over the boat launch hoping to get somebody for some technicality that they missed.

Just set up before shooting time like any other hunter, shoot a few times here and there, and watch. We all know it doesnt take long to observe violations out on the large public areas in the state.

Sure the total number of tickets written might actually be lower but the word would get out fast and the affect would be much greater.
Toledo
hunter

Postby Mr.L » Tue Feb 04, 2014 3:19 pm

Toledo, you got the part right about wardens waiting at the boat ramp. I am 58 yrs. old and have had my hunting license checked one time in my life and it was at the boat ramp. I have had my fishing license checked so many times while fishing, that it is difficult to remember how many times. I guess wardens prefer to ride around in their boats during the summer. During duck season, I see all kinds of unsafe practices like no running lights , over loaded boats, and alcohol consumption.
Mr.L
hunter

Postby Park Duck » Tue Feb 04, 2014 5:03 pm

Duckster is referring to the two douche bags with five kids, four mojos, 6 kazoos and a case of shells on the blind. Those idiots shot at ducks a 100 yards away while the kids with face paint hooped and hollered. Well duckster we should have known better when said douche bags showed off there DU tattoos. Catahoula lakes finest no doubt!
Park Duck
hunter

Postby Original Duckster » Thu Feb 06, 2014 10:32 am

Park, in the past few years I've seen more and more idjets like the ones we saw. It makes me wonder what the world is coming to.
Original Duckster
hunter

Postby Park Duck » Thu Feb 06, 2014 2:12 pm

its gonna lead to more hardcore duck hunters, DUH
Park Duck
hunter

Postby Toledo » Thu Feb 06, 2014 2:32 pm

Original Duckster wrote:Park, in the past few years I've seen more and more idjets like the ones we saw. It makes me wonder what the world is coming to.

Redneck skirl killers turned duck shooters. To be honest, thats most of what we tend to see out there.
Toledo
hunter

Postby Original Duckster » Thu Feb 06, 2014 3:14 pm

thats most of what we tend to see out there.

You and I have been back and forth for years about the hunters out there. Used to I would not agree, but lately it seems there are more and more yahoos. They have even invaded the head of the lake which is sad.
Original Duckster
hunter

Return to Louisiana Duck Hunting