Anyone hunt Spring Bayou near Marksville any?

Talk about various Louisiana duck hunting tactics with others and explore issues related to duck hunting in the heart of Cajun duck hunting country.

Moderators: The Cat Island Drake, La. Hunter, Smackaduck

Anyone hunt Spring Bayou near Marksville any?

Postby billybob123 » Fri Mar 28, 2014 8:54 am

We may be moving back to LA after being gone for 20+ years. Grew up hunting Spring Bayou as a kid but I heard it had gone downhill a lot. Anyone hunt there in the last few years any? Just wondering if it is back to decent hunting or still not worth wasting my time there.
billybob123
hunter

Re: Anyone hunt Spring Bayou near Marksville any?

Postby Ducaholic » Mon Mar 31, 2014 6:05 am

Concrete boat ramps equal lots of people. Not uncommom to have hunters on either side of you 150 yards apart calling incessantly at anything that flys. Even during the middle of the week. Other than that its a fine place to hunt.
Ducaholic
hunter

Postby billybob123 » Mon Mar 31, 2014 11:19 am

Ducaholic wrote:Concrete boat ramps equal lots of people. Not uncommom to have hunters on either side of you 150 yards apart calling incessantly at anything that flys. Even during the middle of the week. Other than that its a fine place to hunt.

Sounds like it's almost as bad as Catahoula now. When I hunted there it was rare to have more than 8-10 hunters withing 3 miles of you unless it was a weekend and still there weren't that many on weekends.
billybob123
hunter

Postby Ducaholic » Thu Apr 03, 2014 5:04 am

billybob123 wrote:
Ducaholic wrote:Concrete boat ramps equal lots of people. Not uncommom to have hunters on either side of you 150 yards apart calling incessantly at anything that flys. Even during the middle of the week. Other than that its a fine place to hunt.

Sounds like it's almost as bad as Catahoula now. When I hunted there it was rare to have more than 8-10 hunters withing 3 miles of you unless it was a weekend and still there weren't that many on weekends.

All of the surrounding areas are now owned by wealthy individuals forcing most everyone on to public land. La. has twice as many hunters as it did when you last hunted here. Invasive aquatics have also over run the place forcing more hunters on to the available open areas. Public land hunting is not for the meek.
Ducaholic
hunter

Return to Louisiana Duck Hunting