ducks showing up?

Talk about various Louisiana duck hunting tactics with others and explore issues related to duck hunting in the heart of Cajun duck hunting country.

Moderators: The Cat Island Drake, La. Hunter, Smackaduck

ducks showing up?

Postby mergansermasher » Tue Oct 30, 2007 8:34 am

hey guys, dont sound like im cyberscouting, but i guess i kind of am. if you would rather reply by a PM, thats fine too. i make an annual trip to LA every year to hunt with my father. im heading out the week of thanksgiving this year. we normally try to hunt catahoula, but am thinking about iatt or the WMA beside catahoula. i was just wondering if anyone has any reports of birds showing up. he lives in pineville, but has no boat and works a shit-ton of hours and really has no time to scout. any info would be GREATLY appreciated.
mergansermasher
hunter

Re: ducks showing up?

Postby Greenhead Grappler » Tue Oct 30, 2007 9:06 am

mergansermasher wrote:crap-ton
:rofl:

As far as I can tell right now LA as a whole is hit and miss. some guys are rapped up in ducks and some arent. I personally am not impressed right now, but I believe it wont be long it will get good. I dont hunt the area your talking about so maybe there's birds there. I have a couple of sources north of me that say the birds havent really turned on the migration yet so its a waiting game. geese are a different story. i cant even go outside without hearin a group of specs passin over! By November you should be good though :thumbsup:
Canceling Flights in the backwater of Northwest LA
Greenhead Grappler
Forum Moderator

Postby doylineduckkiller » Tue Oct 30, 2007 12:33 pm

only thing ive been seeing is woodies , but my cousin live in stuttgart arkansas and he said ducks are everywhere just got there on wendsday
doylineduckkiller
hunter

Return to Louisiana Duck Hunting