Chapman Pirogue

Talk about various Louisiana duck hunting tactics with others and explore issues related to duck hunting in the heart of Cajun duck hunting country.

Moderators: The Cat Island Drake, La. Hunter, Smackaduck

Chapman Pirogue

Postby AR Dave » Tue Apr 15, 2014 2:57 pm

So I bought a used pirogue the other day. Guy didn't know anything about it, said there were no markings. Anyhow I found a serial number today and it is a Ron Chapman Water Moccasin. Oh I paid $60. Called Chapman's - the new rails, I need, are $46. Whoo hoo - STOP! Shipping is $90 to Central Arkansas. :hammer: Anyone live near Chalmette, coming this way? Where's that one fellar - Indaswamp?
AR Dave
hunter

Re: Chapman Pirogue

Postby cobbeaux » Thu Apr 17, 2014 9:36 am

I don't live near Chalmette, but if its cheaper to have it shipped to Shreveport, I'm heading to Pine Bluff the first weekend in May. Just an idea.
Awwww man, I can't believe I did dat!

Red Leg Waterfowl Field Staff
cobbeaux
hunter

Postby Indaswamp » Thu Apr 17, 2014 1:12 pm

AR Dave wrote:So I bought a used pirogue the other day. Guy didn't know anything about it, said there were no markings. Anyhow I found a serial number today and it is a Ron Chapman Water Moccasin. Oh I paid $60. Called Chapman's - the new rails, I need, are $46. Whoo hoo - STOP! Shipping is $90 to Central Arkansas. :hammer: Anyone live near Chalmette, coming this way? Where's that one fellar - Indaswamp?

I will be driving to Hunter Arkansas May 17-18 for the Byers farms get together. Chapman's in Chalmette is about hour 20 minutes from my house. I should have some jobs down in New Orleans between now and then and might be able to help you out. pm me.
The Cajun 7 Course Meal; 1 lb. of boudin and a six pack of Abita beer.

Save the Marsh, Eat a Nutria!

Indaswamp
Forum Moderator

Postby AR Dave » Thu Apr 17, 2014 5:51 pm

I will definitely PM you - PM'd Cobbeaux also. Sure appreciate the response! :beer:
AR Dave
hunter

Return to Louisiana Duck Hunting