Black Lake

Talk about various Louisiana duck hunting tactics with others and explore issues related to duck hunting in the heart of Cajun duck hunting country.

Moderators: The Cat Island Drake, La. Hunter, Smackaduck

Black Lake

Postby realhunter101 » Wed May 14, 2014 2:04 pm

Has anyone ever hunted black lake, in Cameron, i've always hear the stories of black lake, I know its a public waterway, but I just want to hear from someone who has, im desperate, I plan to hunt it next season, but I have no info whatsoever.
realhunter101
hunter

Re: Black Lake

Postby Rick Hall » Wed May 14, 2014 6:15 pm

If there is a public Black Lake In Cameron Parish, I'm unaware of it.
If you think I'm wrong, you might be right.
Rick Hall
hunter

Postby Park Duck » Fri May 16, 2014 7:26 am

Look at state maps and the interior part of the lake is public. The problem is the buddy system around there and you will get a ticket. Go to court and the ticket is thrown out or so I've been told by a friend.
Park Duck
hunter

Postby takemking » Thu May 22, 2014 10:14 am

Black Lake is private. Mostly a guided hunting outfit operation there out of Black Lake Lodge. Good hunting but I doubt you'll win in court. I guarantee everywhere you see terraces is private.
A duck hunter must follow hunters of the oldest kind in North America. He must live his life a nomad, following the flock wherever it might lead. Through flooded timber, fields or marsh, he does what he must to find success.
takemking
hunter

Postby realhunter101 » Wed Jun 04, 2014 12:22 pm

yea i know black lake lodge, but they were recently sold or still for sale, so maybe the new owners might not have as much hold on the police down there. I just thought it was worth asking about, my family had a duck lease there when i was a baby, and I still hear the stories of the hunting there.
realhunter101
hunter

Return to Louisiana Duck Hunting