Survey?

Talk about various Louisiana duck hunting tactics with others and explore issues related to duck hunting in the heart of Cajun duck hunting country.

Moderators: The Cat Island Drake, La. Hunter, Smackaduck

Survey?

Postby teaves2257 » Fri Jun 13, 2014 11:51 am

When does the waterfowl survey come out for us to fill out? Or have I missed it already?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
teaves2257
hunter

Re: Survey?

Postby cobbeaux » Tue Jun 17, 2014 4:26 pm

I was wondering the same thing. Probably won't have one this year if there hasn't been one already( and believe me, I check daily on wlf.la.gov). You can always try to get in contact with Larry Reynolds and see.

Awwww man, I can't believe I did dat!

Red Leg Waterfowl Field Staff
cobbeaux
hunter

Postby Rick Hall » Wed Jun 18, 2014 5:40 am

Thought Larry would have seen this by now and don't pretend to speak with authority, myself, but I'd be surprised to see another survey like the two in the past couple or three years any time soon, as they weren't intended to be annual.

But you can always go straight to Larry with your suggestions or concerns.
If you think I'm wrong, you might be right.
Rick Hall
hunter

Postby Ducaholic » Thu Jun 19, 2014 6:58 am

teaves2257 wrote:When does the waterfowl survey come out for us to fill out? Or have I missed it already?

The responses you have gotten are correct. I'm curious as to what your concerns are not that I can help with any of them.
Ducaholic
hunter

Postby yamaha783 » Thu Jun 19, 2014 11:35 am

Yea think we're past the timeframe a survey may have been out since the results of which were presented at the summer LDWF commission meetings over last two years.

Feel free to kick around your thoughts on here though as far as what you liked or didn't like about the state framework. Note: changing to hunting in February is not in LDWF's power so no need to go there. 3 zone vs. 2? Split duration and placement?
yamaha783
hunter

Postby Lreynolds » Fri Jul 04, 2014 2:15 pm

I just can't participate as much as I used to, so sorry for the late reply.

There was no hunter-opinion survey this year. My goal is to continue to conduct large-scale surveys every 5 years to maintain the "conversation" started in 2005. Consequently, I have one planned for next year, 2015, which conveniently corresponds to the 3-year period of having 3 zones for which the USFWS requires a hunter-opinion evaluation. The surveys in 2012 and 2013 were done because of added zones and splits opportunities (and associated season-date issues with a new zone configuration) offered by the USFWS.

I am, however, collecting public comment regarding the proposed season dates for the 2014-15 duck season as announced here:

http://www.wlf.louisiana.gov/news/37892

Please shoot me an e-mail with your comments, even if just to say "OK with me". The problem with proposing season dates without a structured hunter-opinion survey tool in place is that we typically only get responses from those with strong objections.
Lreynolds
hunter

Return to Louisiana Duck Hunting