Duck Hunting Forum banner

Surface Drive Boats

3K views 11 replies 6 participants last post by  eclem36 
#1 ·
Can anyone give suggestions or experience with Go-devil or Mudbuddy? I am just trying to get opinions on which has better quality. Thanks.

#7 ·
All I can say is if you are not running in the swamps ( The long tail has it's advantages in the swamp with a lot of stumps, cypress knees, or trees!), Get a sd. PERIOD. But before you commit to one, if you are going to buy one, Check out Prodrive website and see the Stuff that motor can do.

http://www.prodriveoutboards.com/

Advantage of prodrive is the gear drive system and full power reverse.

My $0.02 (oh and I've used gd, mb and been in a pro-drive with the guy who invented them... back when he was testin out his prototypes.) Wow, that was an eye opening ride! finally decided to start saving to buy one for my self!

#11 ·
clemaire2 said:
why would a long tail be better
I meant when it comes to go devil they make the best out of all the long tails but when it comes to the surface drive I dont like them. Coco likes to keep things simple which is nice to an extent. Its kind of like a bike and a car for transportation. The bike will get you there and theres less stuff to break but the car will give you alot more options and a better ride but has a bigger chance of mechanical problems but I think that "extra stuff" is worth the chance. My $0.02

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.