need help please

Talk about various Louisiana duck hunting tactics with others and explore issues related to duck hunting in the heart of Cajun duck hunting country.

Moderators: The Cat Island Drake, La. Hunter, Smackaduck

need help please

Postby jazzibear » Tue Aug 16, 2005 5:29 pm

does anyone know the rules in la for baiting i guess you could say. i'm not talking a pile of corn, but could i plant some of that biologic rice. and not harvest it. just wondering. thanks for the info
jazzibear
hunter

Postby La. Hunter » Thu Aug 18, 2005 8:33 am

Sorry, I dont have an answer as to whether this would be considered baiting or not. I have heard some say that it is, while others say that it isn't. My advise is to contact Louisiana Department of Wildlife and fisheries and see what they have to say regarding this matter. I have provided a link below to a list of thier local offices and phone numbers.

http://www.wlf.state.la.us/apps/netgear ... f&pid=1226
La. Hunter
Site Admin

Postby jazzibear » Sun Oct 16, 2005 1:26 pm

bump
jazzibear
hunter

Postby Park Duck » Tue Oct 18, 2005 9:43 am

That's not baiting unless you munipulate the rice to make it fall of the stock. Like running over it with the 4wheeler or disking it down with the tractor.
Park Duck
hunter

Postby Smackaduck » Sat Oct 22, 2005 7:54 pm

This article was written by Sgt. Duane Taylor with LDWF.

It is illegal to hunt waterfowl over FRESHLY planted wildlife food plots where grain or seed has been distributed, scattered or exposed BECAUSE these plots are not normal agricultural plantings. Wildlife food plots may be considered normal practice but do not meet the definition of a normal agricultural planting, harvest or post-harvest manipulation.

What is ILLEGAL

Crops that have been harvested outside of the recommended harvest dates.
Unharvested crops that have been rtampled by livestock or subjected to other types of manipulation that distribute, scatter or expose grain.
Areas where grain is present and stored such as grain elevators.
Areas where grain is present for the purpose of feeding livestock.
FRESHLY PLANTED WILDLIFE FOOD PLOTS THAT CONTAIN EXPOSED GRAIN.
Croplands where a crop has been harvested and the removed grain has been added back onto the area where it was grown.

These are just SOME of the listings. For the entire article go to
www.bayoumag.com or pick up the october issue of Bayou Outdoors Magazine. Or www.le.fws.gov or in the Code of federal Regulations Title 50 CFR Part 20. Note these pertain only to louisiana.

If then you have any doubts call the Louisiana Wildlife and fisheries office and they should help you. They have never not helped me. Hope this helps.

Charlie :smile:
Smackaduck
Super Moderator

Return to Louisiana Duck Hunting