Duck Hunting Forum banner

Looking for a place to duck huntduck hunting

1K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  Dogman 
#1 ·
Just moved here last year and still have not found a place to go
duck hunting. Can someone give me any idea on where to go.

#2 ·
as mentioned before Arrow....you have lot's of action in your "backyard"......ever consider the Presumscot.......there are at least 4 pla ces I KNOW will yield ducks in Gorham......get a topo and find the streams ........ actually I think one of the ponds I know of is in Standish (next door).......I know gas is more expensive this year, but it is alot less per gallon than a Coke.....drive down to the shoreline marshes....get a Carson permit, there are alot of various spots for either walk or boat hunts. Trust me, I have only been here four years and it is easy to find the producing spots......and I really have not put much effort into it. Speak to the postal carrier....they know everything!

#4 ·
I'm next door in Buxton....you can reach me days at the Town Hall.........it doesn't look good for me this season....got out the first week a couple times PRIOR to getting my leg in a cast for a few birds......broken ankle healed on its own but the first metatarsal joint is split and trying to heal it without requiring surgery.......biggest issue is transportation....I can shoot if I can get in a boat, or be seated in a dry spot....but I cannot drive....and Carol is NEVER going to get up and drop me somewhere at 4am!...............I found a neat spot a little north uvya back in Sept....had fun catching picks and bass.....but saw a bunch of woodies and a few mallards...no motor area so need a canoe or oars....found it via a topo map.....Alfred has alot to offer....Waterboro has ALOT to offer......Standish has a few good spots not including Sebago....Windham has alot to offer....Gorham has a major stream that is excellent and there are a couple of fields offering geese........take a ride up to the top of the hill on 114 overlooking the Lake....great place to see the flight path of geese.....easy to get permission (I have not gotten it this year, but was easy last season).....being the town clerk gleens me alot of info too!!!! I learn alot from peeps coming into Town Hall!!

#5 ·
DUKHTR said:
.....Alfred has alot to offer....Waterboro has ALOT to offer......
Don't listen to him!Alfred and Waterboro are a vast empty wasteland of nothingness!I should know I hunt these two towns all the time,trust me you don't want to hunt ducks or geese here.Very very bad!!

Naturally I'm just kidding,DUKHTR ran down a good list and I'll add to it these two.
Scarborough marsh is a good spot for a walk in or boat.There are 3000 acres of Salt marsh,Maines single largest salt marsh.There used to be very good drive in access but recently the dirt roads leading into the heart of the marsh have been gated so walk in trips are more distance to cover.Good area all season long.
Brownfield bog in Brownfield and Fryeburg is another large(2700+ acres)area that has lots of good waterfowling potential.
Local scouting on your part will yield up a jewel or two I'm sure,previously mentioned topo maps are invaluable.
Good luck.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.