Duck Hunting Forum banner

Sebasticook Lake

4K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  buschwacker82 
#1 ·
Took a drive up to Sebasticook Lake today just to see what was there for numbers and species. I saw hundreds of mallards(way too many to sit and count), a large raft(40-50) of goldeneye, a pair of ruddy, 30-40 blacks, 10 bufflehead and 1 lone drake common merg.....
cant wait for south to open back up tommorow..... hopefully the numbers down here will be just as good as up there.
On a side note i also stopped at carlton pond WPA and it was frozen solid!! bummer now that all the early season guys are out of there. Hopefully it opens back up in the next few weeks.

Good luck to any of you going out in south zone tommorow!

#3 ·
I know that you can gain access from the Newport boat landing but was wondering if you had any knowledge of specifically where to go? Is there a better access point then the Newport landing? Are there some islands that do not have camps were it might be possible to set-up?

Also, did you happen to note if the snow geese have yet arrived in Corinna around Corrundel lake? Those fields usually accomodate a large number late in the season.

#4 ·
I use the landing on Durham Bridge road... it's rough if your launching with a trailer. I usually set up on the shore directly across from the launch or just around the point. I did not see any snow geese in the area.. i had heard rumors about them but this is the first year of hunting in that area for me. any tips on where to find them would be appreciated.. ive never seen more than 3 or four mixed in with canadas and would like to see a large flock..

"wack em and stack em"

#5 ·
Just up the road from Newport (and Sabasticook) is the town of Corinna. As you drive into town you have the option to take a left or right. If you go left and then take a quick right you can drive down toward some construction and you will see a small landing. Impossible to launch anything BIG but a canoe or small boat would be great.

The lake is VERY small but had tons of ducks early in the season and the fields around the lake are home to canadians and snows. If hunting the lake you will most likely need to camo up well as setting up may be difficult.

If you hunt the lake, I would be very interested to hear if the snows are yet arriving.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.