Weekend?

A place to discuss Maine hunting. Topics include Maine's reknowned sea duck hunting.

Moderators: DUKHTR, Dogman

Weekend?

Postby duckmann » Tue Nov 16, 2004 8:48 am

Was just curious where everyone was going this weekend? I am planning to go out on Togus Pond in Augusta and try my luck. Right before the season closed in the S. zone I was regularly seeing groups of 20-30 black ducks that were flying over the blind.
duckmann
hunter

Postby Dogman » Tue Nov 16, 2004 9:23 am

Not sure yet what I'll be doing if I'm not working.Theres a get together down on Great Bay NH for a bunch of guys from another web site I would like to get to.Good luck on Togus pond. :thumbsup:
My lab is still the best hunting partner there is.
Dogman
Forum & State Moderator

NH Season

Postby duckmann » Tue Nov 16, 2004 9:51 am

Does the NH season allow for more time then Maine season? Is it worth it to buy a licence?
duckmann
hunter

Postby Dogman » Tue Nov 16, 2004 11:55 am

NH. season starts later than Me. and stays open after Me. closes.The cost of a NH. license is about 55 bucks if I remember right.I think its worth it since NH. is 25 min from my house.Plus I got some land in Grafton county and I like to get over there and be humiliated by Ruffs once in a while. :smile:
Dogman
Forum & State Moderator

Postby DUKHTR » Tue Nov 16, 2004 12:42 pm

Hi Mike....been awhile since I posted here on this site....moderator hey??!!! I like the upgrades to the entire site....sorry, but I put an overall update on the NH forum....kinduv a combo for the two states

I'll be down at Hilton Park Saturday....was thinking about hunting along the Piscataqua either across from the launch or maybe downstream a bit across from the power plant. Tide should be excellent for an early morning hunt. Got some ariel photos from the Maine F&G site .... never hunted that area before so don't know what to expect....thought about bringing a few puddler dekes and a line of buffies and maybe even a bluebill........Have you ever hunted that side that far down stream??

Duckman.....I have held NH and ME tags since I moved to Maine a few years ago.....NH has Sunday hunting for one thing....and of course I know the area quite good and that's where my buds are hunting too.

Will look forward to seein' ya on Saturday Mike!!!!
DUKHTR
Forum & State Moderator

Sunday Hunting!!

Postby duckmann » Tue Nov 16, 2004 2:58 pm

I have lived in MAINE my whole life and never realized that NH allowed Sunday hunting. . . unfortunately, as attractive as it is my wife would leave me if I started hunting on Sunday!!! :)
duckmann
hunter

Postby Dogman » Wed Nov 17, 2004 8:52 am

Hey Dave,welcome back!Yup,I'm the moderator here,the admin asked and I said okay.
Don't know much on the bay since it is not my usual haunt but I'll have to add some experience and make up for it.
See you at the get together on Sat. :thumbsup:
Dogman
Forum & State Moderator

Return to Maine Duck Hunting