Waterfowl Regulations

A place to discuss Maine hunting. Topics include Maine's reknowned sea duck hunting.

Moderators: DUKHTR, Dogman

Waterfowl Regulations

Postby goodst56 » Thu Oct 25, 2012 11:34 am

Hey guys, I am looking to do some duck hunting later in November up in Maine around the Somerset - Waldo - Penobscot
county lines intersection. My dad drew a moose permit, so I'm going to go up with him and do some hunting as well. I have a federal duck stamp and am going to get a big game license. Does the big game license cover waterfowl hunting or do I have to get a small game license as well? Also, is the migratory waterfowl permit just the Maine duck stamp? Any other things I would need that I am missing would be great to know too.

If anyone knows about the Carlton Pond waterfowl production area that'd be cool too I was checking that out on Google Earth

Thanks
goodst56
hunter

Re: Waterfowl Regulations

Postby tgs » Thu Oct 25, 2012 11:43 am

Big (or small) game license, Federal duck stamp, Migratory waterfowl option ($7.25) and HIP number and you are good to go.

Good luck on the moose hunt
"Pass a Tradition Along"
tgs
hunter

Postby WoundedKnee14 » Fri Oct 26, 2012 5:20 am

Carlton pond will most likely be frozen over in late November, but thats by no means the only place to be looking at :thumbsup:. Shoot me a PM if you're interested, I'd love to show you around this great state of ours and we just might whack some ducks while we're at it! :biggrin:

Jarrod
WoundedKnee14
hunter

Postby goodst56 » Fri Oct 26, 2012 8:27 am

Thanks tgs! and PM sent
goodst56
hunter

Return to Maine Duck Hunting