Sandy that tease

A place to discuss Maine hunting. Topics include Maine's reknowned sea duck hunting.

Moderators: DUKHTR, Dogman

Sandy that tease

Postby Maineduckhunter » Mon Oct 29, 2012 3:26 pm

So, as I had mentioned in another post, I was going to venture out this morning with a friend of mine and try to do a little bit of hunting, this was all going to be dependent on how nice Sandy was going to be to us. I had been watching the weather radar loop for a while, checking many sites, and came to the conclusion that a window of opportunity did exist, I was thinking 2-3 hours before things got too hairy to be on the water, as I did not want to be caught out on some big water when the real strong winds kicked in.
In retrospect, we could have stayed out till probably noon, but it wasn't necessary.
We had a 2 man limit down in 65 minutes. We ended up taking 1 Black, 3 Mallards & 8 Green wing Teal. Bird numbers were solid in the morning, with a lot of big birds around, which have moved into the area recently. Yeah, decent wind & overcast = good waterfowling
Gratuitous tailgate shot...sorry for the quality of the cell phone picture.

Maineduckhunter
hunter

Re: Sandy that tease

Postby K.I. Joe » Mon Oct 29, 2012 4:57 pm

Very cool, I have more vacation time that I am trying to gauge when to take,,,,,,Hope I am not waiting too long
K.I. Joe
hunter

Re: Sandy that tease

Postby R-Factor » Mon Oct 29, 2012 8:24 pm

Right on!!!
R-Factor
hunter

Return to Maine Duck Hunting