Burdocks...

A place to discuss Maine hunting. Topics include Maine's reknowned sea duck hunting.

Moderators: DUKHTR, Dogman

Burdocks...

Postby R-Factor » Fri Nov 02, 2012 11:45 am

Some things about waterfowling just make me laugh. I think I've walked through more burdocks this year setting up and jump shooting than any other time in my life. Have you ever considered the link between ducks and burdocks? I'm convinced that burdocks + water = fowl. I've been tempted a few times on here when people ask for duck locations to simply respond- "just look for the area of the pond that contains the most burdocks- and set up right directly in front of them." :lol3:
R-Factor
hunter

Re: Burdocks...

Postby K.I. Joe » Fri Nov 02, 2012 5:49 pm

couldnt tell you because there are no burdock where I hunt......Hmmmmmmmm Maybe I should start scouting for burdock by the pictures that you post LOL
K.I. Joe
hunter

Postby decoycarver » Sun Nov 04, 2012 10:55 am

burdock is not waterfowl food -they must be feeding on acorns, duckweed ,arrow head, duck potato, wld rice, cat tail roots, invetebrats, clams..seeds..the lst goes on -google what waterfowl feed on comapre pcs then you will know by what you have seen..in you areas ..education is power..
decoycarver
hunter

Postby 733SubDucker » Sun Nov 04, 2012 11:29 am

decoycarver wrote:burdock is not waterfowl food -..education is power..

i think that he has that concept under control. :wink:

RF- I agree, those little bastards are everywhere and a real pain... and getting them out of velcro, forget about it. :mad:
733SubDucker
hunter

Return to Maine Duck Hunting