What a Difference a Year Makes!

A place to discuss Maine hunting. Topics include Maine's reknowned sea duck hunting.

Moderators: DUKHTR, Dogman

What a Difference a Year Makes!

Postby maineducker » Tue Nov 06, 2012 3:46 am

This season is shaping up to be one of the best I've had in my area. Last year was a real battle trying to find birds and they showed up right as the zone closed. This year there's been a lot more birds in the area throughout the season and migrant flocks of mallards are pushing in daily. We've been shooting two man limits of ducks just about every time out since Sandy. Nice seeing a flocks of 15 mallards lock on from 1/2 mile out and come straight in to 15 yards!!!! Given the forecast for this week it looks like the trend should continue. Bring 'em on! :hammer:

maineducker
hunter

Re: What a Difference a Year Makes!

Postby MaineHunter » Tue Nov 06, 2012 7:30 am

Awesome! I'm down in IL bowhunting right now but have next week off as well, can't wait to get home and onto some ducks!!
MaineHunter
hunter

Postby labman63 » Tue Nov 06, 2012 8:54 am

Don't worry your dad will kill them why you are gone and use your dog to go get'm lol

MaineHunter wrote:Awesome! I'm down in IL bowhunting right now but have next week off as well, can't wait to get home and onto some ducks!!
labman63
hunter

Postby decoycarver » Tue Nov 06, 2012 2:04 pm

the only thing that beats that picture is a side order of mashed -taters and gravy -/cold beer !! nice to see that DU stcker in the back window !!
decoycarver
hunter

Postby MaineHunter » Tue Nov 06, 2012 3:28 pm

labman63 wrote:Don't worry your dad will kill them why you are gone and use your dog to go get'm lol

Haha if he was home he probably would! But he is with me so he can't!
As I write this just had a massive flock of snows fly over, that was neat!
MaineHunter
hunter

Postby R-Factor » Wed Nov 07, 2012 12:53 pm

That is GOOD to hear- I'm glad things are shaping up better this year in your corner of Maine! :thumbsup:
As an aside, were you in Lincoln last week? If it wasn't you, I saw a truck with an almost identical sticker set-up at Tim Horton's! It's not very frequently that you see other duck hunters in Lincoln and I was going to introduce myself, but was in a hurry and had to jet...was this you by chance???
R-Factor
hunter

Postby maineducker » Wed Nov 07, 2012 1:54 pm

R-Factor wrote:That is GOOD to hear- I'm glad things are shaping up better this year in your corner of Maine! :thumbsup:
As an aside, were you in Lincoln last week? If it wasn't you, I saw a truck with an almost identical sticker set-up at Tim Horton's! It's not very frequently that you see other duck hunters in Lincoln and I was going to introduce myself, but was in a hurry and had to jet...was this you by chance???

Sent you a PM.
maineducker
hunter

Postby R-Factor » Wed Nov 07, 2012 2:18 pm

Right back atcha'. That's great...next time you come to the "duck capital of the world", let me know and I'll meet you for coffee. :lol3:
R-Factor
hunter

Postby Maineduckhunter » Thu Nov 08, 2012 4:00 am

Nothing wrong with that, good going
Maineduckhunter
hunter

Postby daffy... » Fri Nov 09, 2012 12:50 am

with one of the worst starts to a season ive ever had its just now starting to get really good. i had 500 ducks stacked on top of each other in my section of the river the other morning. i froze when i drove the boat into so many birds. couldnt move, i lost all my senses. ive never seen seen that many birds there in one season. THIS WAS MORE THEN A YEARS WORTH IN ONE DAY, I took a first timer out that day, 18 year old. hes hooked. little does he know itll be years before you sees another day like that
daffy...
Forum Moderator

Return to Maine Duck Hunting