Blind Date 3-some cont.

A place to discuss Maine hunting. Topics include Maine's reknowned sea duck hunting.

Moderators: DUKHTR, Dogman

Blind Date 3-some cont.

Postby decoycarver » Wed Nov 07, 2012 1:30 pm

I meet my dates at the launch @ 455 am, put in the salty brin..and off we went with low waves and a full high tide..as we motored towards the x-in the dark of the Shadow ,, we lost some land markers tuned in the gps and as Capt . Rich circled the x area in search of the ledges the serf began to rise and winds began to whistle accross the bay -waves went form approx 2 ft -twice that size in seconds..we decided to head for the lee of the island and set up , but the sea had another idea ..as we headed n. west twards the island everything changed,,with bow to the wind and spray began to rain on us -my new friends looked like super heros clad in neopreme from head to toe..me -not me oh know ..i couldn't see spending that much money --THEN..with my back to the bow..i was looking for the- Time Bandit- on Deadliest catch in the black of day..finally my tighty whities where soaked..went through all 3 layers..Bruce in the bow looked like the old man in the sea--with lantern in hand showing the way to the ramp..where my Ice Cubed A-- would be getting off..back to the ramp i directed my new friends to the bay in front of my place -gps'd the markers and the men went back out only in the lee of the Maine Island..i told them where the birds hang out and waiting to her from them as i write ..next step --Neopreme gallary..i'll let you know how they did ..me still chilled..be prepared my friends ..get what you really need..and use it.. :rolleyes:
decoycarver
hunter

Re: Blind Date 3-some cont.

Postby 733SubDucker » Wed Nov 07, 2012 5:05 pm

decoycarver wrote:..my tighty whities where soaked..

why do I believe this not the first time you have uttered these words? :yes: :lol3:

Seriously though, glad you got back safe. :thumbsup:
733SubDucker
hunter

Re: Blind Date 3-some cont.

Postby decoycarver » Thu Nov 08, 2012 11:00 am

STILL LEARNING AFTER 39 SEASONS..Duck hunting is like woman--you will never figure it out-EVER !!!-If it has BREASTS & a MOTOR it will COST YOU MONEY !!! :thumbsup:
decoycarver
hunter

Return to Maine Duck Hunting