gettin 2nd 1/2 rig ready

A place to discuss Maine hunting. Topics include Maine's reknowned sea duck hunting.

Moderators: DUKHTR, Dogman

gettin 2nd 1/2 rig ready

Postby decoycarver » Thu Nov 15, 2012 3:05 pm

Now with the weather in its final stages of being nice..i took the time to sort some 400 deccoys and came up this rig for the remander of season -not including Sea-duck rig..
2 doz. golden eyes set in strings off main puddler rig, 40 yards tops, followed by 6 goose floaters to the left front..if wind blows from right to left..40 yrds..then small group of Blacks -13 in munber..followed by Mallards strung along the shore line 20 yrds to shore.. feeders, sleepers and some shell decoys on land..feeding resting and sleeping..and a pair of pintail and wedgeon off to the right between blacks & mallards..approx 60 decoys total..many more drakes than hens for color and vision..
I always have a 1st and 2nd season rig ..Divers the more white the bettter..with resters sleepers and feeder decoys on shore this is a killer set up..especially around oak tree stands..hitting it in am with Case..oh and my # 1 spot of spots has water and it is hot been gunned twice now..mallards blacks Hooded merg and some teal..love thoose river spits..flooded timber..
decoycarver
hunter

Return to Maine Duck Hunting