Muck Boots

A place to discuss Maine hunting. Topics include Maine's reknowned sea duck hunting.

Moderators: DUKHTR, Dogman

Muck Boots

Postby Flytier » Fri Nov 23, 2012 6:17 am

Looking at getting a pair of Mucks for the next waterfowl season, and wondering if anyone has pros/cons or certain styles that outperform others.........Thanks.
3 Drake Mallards
1 Hen Mallard
2 Hen Greenwing
2 Hen Woodies
1 Black
1 Snow
Flytier
hunter

Re: Muck Boots

Postby R-Factor » Fri Nov 23, 2012 8:06 am

Of the four or so pairs I've owned, I'm thinking that all have been either the Arctic Sport or the Woody Max. Honestly, I couldn't tell any difference in the two performance or comfort wise...just color. I think they offer a few short boots and "gardening" boots, but other than that, the original tall Muck boots are killer. The two things that impress me most about Mucks is the comfort and the incredible temperature range. I wear mine while working outdoors in July comfortably...and sitting in a duck blind in December with equal comfort! Some winters in the past, I would walk 10-15 miles on a Saturday through old cut trails looking for moose sheds... and was never bothered by my feet- even in these circumstances wearing them. I have tried Lacrosse, but didn't find them as comfortable- and seemed to heat up more in the summer.
Trust me bud, you won't be disappointed. The only downside is that the price has been creeping up the last few years...they are getting pretty pricey.
R-Factor
hunter

Postby Flytier » Fri Nov 23, 2012 9:21 am

I was looking at the Woody Sport and the Wetland Field....Black Friday prices aren't to bad....$129.00 for the sport and $119.00 for the Wetland.
3 Drake Mallards
1 Hen Mallard
2 Hen Greenwing
2 Hen Woodies
1 Black
1 Snow
Flytier
hunter

Muck Boots

Postby gr8white » Fri Nov 23, 2012 10:17 am

I hunt with 3 guys that have the woody max style and they love them. Haven't heard anything bad about them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
gr8white
hunter

Postby daffy... » Sat Nov 24, 2012 9:08 pm

i have woody max. good boot minus the tread is slipper on concrete boat ramps wicked. also the foot area of the rubber is very thin. punctured the foot on small stumps on my first pair.

very warm. very comfortable
daffy...
Forum Moderator

Postby almostgotit » Sun Nov 25, 2012 9:44 am

I have the Arctics, the Chores and the Camps. I live in one pair or the other all year round. In fact I wear out the camps (low boots) every year and buy a new pair. The camps are good for all around wear, i wear them to sporting clay and skeet events if it's at all damp and around my camp. the Chores are a good all around mid height boot and I wear them when it's really wet and I am in mud (I have horses so that is a lot). the Artics are high, insulated boots and are my snow, out in the cold boots. They are very high, very warm and very rugged.

Too bad i didn't see this post earlier in the week. I would have told you to head over to Tractor Supply friday morning. they had all Muck boots $30 off. I replinished my Camps and Chores. Great deal.
almostgotit
hunter

Postby Flytier » Sun Nov 25, 2012 2:51 pm

My Wife found the Woody Sport for $99.00. About a $60.00 savings from most places.
3 Drake Mallards
1 Hen Mallard
2 Hen Greenwing
2 Hen Woodies
1 Black
1 Snow
Flytier
hunter

Postby almostgotit » Sun Nov 25, 2012 4:45 pm

Great deal! They look like excellent boots for hunting.
almostgotit
hunter

Postby rerun » Mon Nov 26, 2012 9:04 am

I started a similar thread about this very subject this past spring (I think). Overwhelmingly positive feedback on Muck Boots. I decided to go with the Woody Sport side zip version and do not regret that decision at all. My feet run pretty warm, so I decided not to go with the Woody Max version....there's not much temp difference really. I've worn these boots pretty much all of Oct & Nov bird & duck hunting and couldn't be happier. Way more comfortable than the Lacrosse that I previously wore. Will never go back to Lacrosse. There are plenty of online retailers that offer great deals. Indian Hill in Greenville always seems to have great prices too.
"A man is rich in proportion to the number of things he can afford to let alone." Henry David Thoreau
rerun
hunter

Postby Seaductor » Mon Nov 26, 2012 3:42 pm

The bogs suck!! Muck is the way to go for me. Bogs run small and cramp my foot. Mucks are comfy!
When you get to be my age, it's always a race to see if you'll piss inside or outside of your waders!!
Seaductor
hunter

Postby MaineHunter » Mon Nov 26, 2012 6:20 pm

This is interesting. I have a hard time finding a good quality pair of rubber or that style boot. I have had a few pair of Lacrosse and they dont hold up for even 6 months. And I have a big issue with my feet sweating even in uninsulated boots.. Are the Mucks breathable at all?
MaineHunter
hunter

Muck Boots

Postby quackhunter99 » Mon Nov 26, 2012 6:25 pm

I hunt from Florida to Arkansas in my Muck Wetlands. Never had a problem with the heat
2 year old field bred English Cocker Spanial
16x56 Go devil Boat with 35 longtail
Wigeon with 7 horse Go devil
quackhunter99
hunter

Return to Maine Duck Hunting