North Woods Law

A place to discuss Maine hunting. Topics include Maine's reknowned sea duck hunting.

Moderators: DUKHTR, Dogman

North Woods Law

Postby 733SubDucker » Thu Jan 24, 2013 9:16 pm

A new season of 'North Woods Law' will be coming on the air soon. Through random luck... or through bad luck, Littleducker and I will be making a brief appearance at some point (under completely lawful circumstances I may add :hammer: )

Littleducker is excited and I am happy for her, but I'm not exactly sharing her sentiment in regards to seeing my carcass on TV.

We were approached while on a late September goose hunt. I had 3 geese on the ground before they arrived and Littleducker had not yet turned 10, so she couldn't shoot. I saw them pull up and thought it was "some yahoo" until they got out.

I'm pretty sure they filmed me land a flock of geese from the truck. Too bad that they landed on the left side of the spread about 15 feet from Littleducker's blind. I passed on a shot that would have had me either firing over her or toward the houses behind us.. so we let them go.

The film crew and warden (whom we had banded geese with earlier in the summer) were very nice. However, as they were wrapping up I had a lone goose fly by. They told me they wanted to film a shoot so we jumped in our blinds while the 3 of them 'crouched'... among the silo decoys... in a clean silage field... :no: . The one camera guy was about at my 1 o'clock position pointing his lens at my face, so I don't know how I would have safely taken a shot if I chose to. Anyway... I called and goose turned, cupped, and glided right by then circled around 3 times. He wanted to come in BAD but the group of people standing in the decoys were cramping his style. I passed on a couple 35 yard shots and he eventually landed about 80 yards out as the crew headed back to their truck.

Littleducker was extremely excited. So, if you happen to be watching when the clip comes on, enjoy a little Maine goose action for her... and don't mind the bubba with the gun. :help:
Last edited by 733SubDucker on Thu Jan 24, 2013 9:26 pm, edited 2 times in total.
733SubDucker
hunter

Re: North Woods Law

Postby 733SubDucker » Thu Jan 24, 2013 9:24 pm

733SubDucker
hunter

Postby RedDog » Fri Jan 25, 2013 8:41 am

Whew! I thought you were gonna say you had an alligator in your basement...

(OK, maybe you had to see the season premiere to get that one.)
RedDog
hunter

Postby tgs » Fri Jan 25, 2013 8:55 am

Nice Court!
"Pass a Tradition Along"
tgs
hunter

Postby RedDog » Fri Jan 25, 2013 10:54 am

We got checked by one of the TV Wardens last weekend. Of course I had to say, "Hey, you're one of the guys on tv." (I'm sure they never hear that.) No camera crew in tow, though.

He was cool and just chatted with us briefly. We had just got the full treatment from a Federal Warden about 10 minutes before he arrived at the landing.
RedDog
hunter

Postby R-Factor » Fri Jan 25, 2013 11:35 am

That will be a great memory for her to treasure of "her and dad on the big screen!" Cool. :thumbsup:
R-Factor
hunter

Postby titleguy » Fri Jan 25, 2013 2:46 pm

Great Pics :clapping:

I got checked by Thrasher a couple of years ago up in Coburn Gore- he could not have been nicer.
titleguy
hunter

Postby 733SubDucker » Fri Jan 25, 2013 4:17 pm

Thanks. I'm sure Littleducker will want to keep a copy even though it may only be a few seconds. I would rather not appear.

Funny thing is that I was checked by 2 wardens there on opening day 2 years ago and one guy developed a sever man crush on our very own Maineducker. It was obscene. ;)
733SubDucker
hunter

Postby maineducker » Sat Jan 26, 2013 4:02 am

733SubDucker wrote:Funny thing is that I was checked by 2 wardens there on opening day 2 years ago and one guy developed a sever man crush on our very own Maineducker. It was obscene. ;)

HA! Yea, that guy was pretty awestruck by the camera gear!!! Definitely nice guys though. Congrats on the show. I guess I shouldn't have turned down the invitation that morning!!!! :no:
maineducker
hunter

Postby Seaductor » Sun Jan 27, 2013 10:37 am

I've got my DVR set to record the series!! Can't wait to view you and Emma!!
When you get to be my age, it's always a race to see if you'll piss inside or outside of your waders!!
Seaductor
hunter

Postby MaineHunter » Thu Feb 28, 2013 9:28 pm

Just saw you on tv! The episode in on the air right now!
MaineHunter
hunter

Postby JCraig12 » Thu Feb 28, 2013 11:25 pm

Saw the episode tonight! Cool stuff man! :thumbsup:
JCraig12
hunter

Postby 733SubDucker » Fri Mar 01, 2013 7:18 am

Thanks.

I think they made a nice transition from the drugs while hunting, unplugged guns, no life jacket, shooting after hours, wanton waste crowd.

I told my daughter we showed a good example for Maine... as there are many of us that do.

You had to laugh when Warden McCabe neels down beside my blind as the two camera guys and the producer stand in the decoys. :lol3:
733SubDucker
hunter

Postby Seaductor » Fri Mar 01, 2013 7:52 am

I'm going to call the tip line on the. Joint I went to on last years south zone opener! I probably had the only plugged shotgun in the whole marsh!
You really showed the right way to start a kid out hunting :grin:

Sent from my XT556 using Tapatalk 2
When you get to be my age, it's always a race to see if you'll piss inside or outside of your waders!!
Seaductor
hunter

Postby waterfowlah » Fri Mar 01, 2013 12:30 pm

Saw it last night :thumbsup:
waterfowlah
hunter

Postby maineducker » Fri Mar 01, 2013 2:22 pm

Good stuff! My wife was yelling at me the whole time saying "I can't believe you didn't go with him that day!". :fingerhead:
maineducker
hunter

Postby mtstringer » Tue Mar 05, 2013 10:49 am

Saw my DVR copy last night Good Stuff!!
mtstringer
hunter

Return to Maine Duck Hunting