Mossberg

A place to discuss Maine hunting. Topics include Maine's reknowned sea duck hunting.

Moderators: DUKHTR, Dogman

Mossberg

Postby case » Thu May 02, 2013 2:18 pm

Just a heads up I will never deal or buy anything from this company again. As many of you know I have hunted with a Mavrick over and under that I won at a DU event will on on of my beter hunts this past year the welds failed on the lower barrel and it came a part. Thankfully no one was injured and only had to watch duck after duck come in. But back to the point. I sent it back in Decmber and have been calling every month inquiring when they would be sending a replacement gun and every time its on back order and they never have a superviser around. This is about the most poor coustemer service I have ever had.
case
hunter

Re: Mossberg

Postby R-Factor » Fri May 03, 2013 6:38 am

Dang...sorry to hear to that. Mossberg is one of those companies you really hear the full gambit of feedback on. Some folks love them and claim that their barrels pattern extremely well. Others avoid them like the plague saying they simply don't like the "feel" of them. Either way, it's a shame they're not taking care of you on that.

My one and only Mossy experience was during my first year of duck hunting. I borrowed my father's Maverick Model 88 and took a kayak up into a flowage to jump shoot in October. Once I got what seemed like 3 miles from the landing, a duck went zipping by overhead and I decided I'd take an odd angled shot and then flip the kayak. :rolleyes: Long story short, Maverick went to the bottom of the murky flowage in about 8 feet of water never to be seen again. Once I doggy-paddled around a while trying to find a place I could get enough footing to stand up, I emptied about half the water out of the kayak and paddled back to the landing before hypothermia set in. That was an expensive trip after buying my father another Maverick at Wally's. That day, I was grateful to have taken the gun I did and not one of his others. :biggrin:

I've had some minor issues with my Benelli since owning it, but have found them incredibly well to deal with. (As they should, for the price you pay). Nonetheless, I've been impressed with all my interaction with them over the years.
R-Factor
hunter

Postby case » Sun May 12, 2013 5:33 pm

Well got a call from one of the Reps from Mossberg this wekend and the are going to up grade me to a silver. He also was telling me how very sorry they were for the run around and the long wait and was doing anything to make it right. :thumbsup: I guess that kinda makes up for it in my book
case
hunter

Postby Sfd714 » Sun May 12, 2013 7:14 pm

I really like my Mossbergs. I have 2 500s, 835, and 9200. The 9200 is what it is. Never had any problems with any of the 4 but i have heard nothing but horror stories about Mossberg customer service.

Sent from behind the hood of a long nose pete.
Sfd714
hunter

Return to Maine Duck Hunting