lobster pound

A place to discuss Maine hunting. Topics include Maine's reknowned sea duck hunting.

Moderators: DUKHTR, Dogman

lobster pound

Postby southpaw92 » Tue Jun 11, 2013 6:35 am

hey guys,
me and my family are going to bar harbor end of july.... anywho we came last year and went to a few places the were supose to be good..... they sucked stupid tourist traps is what they were..... i dont mind but...... i hate paying alot for fast food quality food.... does anyone have suggestions on were we should go???? for any kind of food not just lobster... and stuff to do.... not just tourist stuff

SouthPaw
Canada Geese 17
Mallards 8
GW Teal 12
Gadwalls 2
Pheasants 7
southpaw92
hunter

Re: lobster pound

Postby eiderman1 » Tue Jun 11, 2013 6:50 pm

Try Stonington area great views, port clyde are take mail boat to monhegan island offshore maybe see puffins,and other sea birds.
eiderman1
hunter

Postby I am A Redneck » Thu Jun 13, 2013 7:51 am

I am from that area and the best place that we have ever found is the Union River Lobster Pot in Ellsworth. They serve more than just seafood and all of their food is to die for. Also the best place to get Ice Cream is at Ben and Bill's in Downtown Bar Harbor. Hope this helps.
I am A Redneck
hunter

Postby D-Day » Fri Jun 14, 2013 10:35 pm

X 2 for Port Clyde. Really cool little working coastal town. Buy a few mackerel jigs(or squid jigs... mmmm calamari) and take the kids fishing off the dock. You'll catch a boatload of fish. There are also really great tide pools near the lighthouse(also really cool) in Port Clyde. It's hard to not have a good time on the coast... You've just gotta get away from the stinkin' tourists. :biggrin: :hammer:

D-Day
D-Day
hunter

Return to Maine Duck Hunting