WATERFOWL HUNTERS PARTY

A place to discuss Maine hunting. Topics include Maine's reknowned sea duck hunting.

Moderators: DUKHTR, Dogman

WATERFOWL HUNTERS PARTY

Postby 733SubDucker » Fri Jun 28, 2013 9:37 am

MARK YOUR CALENDARS!!!

I strongly encourage everyone to attend this fantastic family friendly waterfowl hunting themed event that I have attended for the past several years. Everyone is invited. Bring the whole family! TONS of prizes available!

This is not your typical 'stuffy', 'high brow' fundraiser. Bring your folding chairs, relax, and make a day of it. The competitions are low stress / friendly and all proceeds benefit the ducks! The dog demo and competition are always great, there are awesome vendors, food, and it is always neat to bring your duck rig to share ideas for hiding in the marsh!

The competition for duck and goose calling was so intimidated by Little Ducker and I... that there was only one other youth contestant. Jump in and blow those calls this year!!!

Even though I was the only contestant NOT to recieve a ribbon in last year's contest, I was proud of my salvaged lobster buoy Old Squaw!!!

For those that have attended in the past, please note the change of venue!!!
733SubDucker
hunter

Re: WATERFOWL HUNTERS PARTY

Postby decoycarver » Fri Jun 28, 2013 10:52 am

Thanks for attending -we try to grow more each year-yes tons of stuff again this year-and carve another decoy..we need the entries..it's a fun event-in fact events would be more fun with lots more entries in ALL EVENTS-Boats ,decoys and Callers..My committee work all year Preparing for this ..We need contestant's ??..any material for working decoys --hand made -only rule..Thanks for post..see you there.. :thumbsup:
decoycarver
hunter

Postby DLHO » Fri Jun 28, 2013 1:04 pm

any scull boats allowed? i can drag up a float- and my Boy would love to chat with Doug about the virtues off cork vs wood decoys!!!

let me know- Donald
DLHO
hunter

Postby 733SubDucker » Fri Jun 28, 2013 1:10 pm

Sure!!!

I'm not sure if they plan to have different categories or not, but any rig is welcome. :beer:
733SubDucker
hunter

Postby bkmaine » Sun Jun 30, 2013 8:07 am

Would love to come but I'll be away, hope you get a crowd, I'll tell my guys about it
><>bk
bkmaine
hunter

Postby loudnerd » Mon Jul 01, 2013 7:39 pm

It's always a good time!
He who laughs last didn't get it.
loudnerd
hunter

Postby native brookie » Mon Jul 01, 2013 10:27 pm

Why the move from Bowdoinham? Not complaining--this is closer to home!
native brookie
hunter

Postby 733SubDucker » Tue Jul 02, 2013 9:48 am

The club will suit all of the event needs and allow us to have the different events in close proximity (one example is not having the dogs way across the road).

We are continuing to improve the event to get everyone involved and add more interest even if you are not heavy into that particular area (dogs, decoys, calling, boats). It will be easier for a hunter and their family to come and move from one event to the other for a fun morning.

There will be a ton of prizes again this year as well!!!
733SubDucker
hunter

Postby 682x » Tue Jul 02, 2013 6:06 pm

Will you be using the building if it rains? Plan to be there.
Arnold Trail Trap , Skeet, and 5-Stand.
682x
hunter

Postby 733SubDucker » Wed Jul 03, 2013 7:22 am

Absolutely! If it is pouring we will bring the raffle and activities inside.

Outside we will have a few pop up tents as well. Relocating to the club will allow us to grow this event even more!
733SubDucker
hunter

Postby 733SubDucker » Mon Jul 29, 2013 8:29 am

FYI: Some of our volunteers will be firing up the grills and cooking hotdogs and burgers for lunch (donations welcome), so bring the family and check out all of the events and vendors and meet some new or old friends!

Have a "gunner" that you've been working on in the garage?
Proud of that new blind you and your buddy put on the boat this year or an older style float that some people may not have seen before?

ENTER in our friendly contests!!!

Also, this year we are including all WHP attendees in judging the 'decoy carving' and 'duck boat' contests by making them "Hunter's Choice". So feel free to bring an entry and/or vote for your favorites!

All are welcome for the retriever and calling contests as well (from beginner to experienced)! It's all for fun and helps raise money for the ducks!

Mark your calendars and don't forget to bring the family! :welcome:
733SubDucker
hunter

Postby 733SubDucker » Mon Aug 12, 2013 6:52 pm

Remember to mark your calendars and plan to bring the family! See you on Saturday!
733SubDucker
hunter

Return to Maine Duck Hunting