Pet Peeve # 2

A place to discuss Maine hunting. Topics include Maine's reknowned sea duck hunting.

Moderators: DUKHTR, Dogman

Pet Peeve # 2

Postby decoycarver » Fri Jun 28, 2013 11:26 am

cyclist's say share the road-the Law says give a 3ft, birth to Cyclist's, Well to me it's like this -share the expense for wider roads, Bike Lanes, register , have your road Bike Inspected and Insured like Motorist's..have lights and turn signals. & plates..Now you can share the Road too !!--The Sate passed anther Bike Law -If a Cyclist, his hit by a motor vehicle -the motorist has to prove it was the Cyclist's Fault-now we as motorist's should go out and get Dash cams -CYA !!!!--
Maine is not nor has ever been noted for wide Roads-Primary or secondary,the ones I travel are narrower-to the white line, approx. 8 ft. from center line to white..No shoulders, and sfter that Sand & Gravel,then ditch, woods or HELL !! So when you give the 3ft birth-you come or do cross the center line or you have to slow/stop in flowing traffic to allow the cyclist's to continue on their merry speed of travel -all the time you watch them wobble to & fro as they maneuver our great roads..If the tip & fall into your Lane -you swerve to avoid and bam right into on coming traffic -you my friend just caused a Head-on ..your fault !!-If you hit the Biker -Bam -again your fault--we all know that we as drivers are to be in control of the vehicle at all times-period..Shouldn't the biker be responsible more-( i.e.) when you go to a ski -area-You buy a ticket to use the facility-your tickets state -you the ticket holder are solely-Responsible for your actions and damage caused by you-and that your ticket can be removed by any staff member for any Violation).. Canoeist don't register or get an invasive plant sticker, hiker don't pay a use tax/permit, to maintain trails -which infact using the same trails -hikers walk on top to eroded tree roots, thus killing vegetation.. So I say pay as you go-why make one group pay for everyone else-same as hunters/fisherman !! your thoughts ??--Mine Cyclist's would help pay for their share of the roads.. :fingerhead:
decoycarver
hunter

Re: Pet Peeve # 2

Postby Baymen Moe » Fri Jun 28, 2013 11:33 am

I love when you come up on a group riding next to each other and they refuse to form single file for you to get by safely. :mad:
Baymen Moe
hunter

Postby decoycarver » Sat Jun 29, 2013 4:26 am

I'd love to drive through the TOUR DE FRANCE-as I go by the lead biker id shove a broom handle into the spokes !!-Domino effect---and those stupid looking helmets-what idiot designed those modern safety devices- -there as bad if not worse than horse back riding ones..look at all the head gear industry --flimsy-lots of cracked coconuts !!--I use to ski race in the 70's and the Helmets were better then -motor bike helmets at least d the job in most circumstances..
decoycarver
hunter

Postby Dingbatter 2 » Mon Jul 08, 2013 1:03 pm

I like them! It doesn't take much to run one off the road. You have to get out of there fast though, before they get their wits back and read your plates. Cheap entertainment. :grooving:
"When I get to heaven, tie me to a tree
For I'll begin to roam and soon you'll know where I will be..."
Dingbatter 2
hunter

Re: Pet Peeve # 2G

Postby jerseyTDB » Tue Jul 16, 2013 3:43 pm

Uncle Dougie you seem to be getting cranky in your old age!! or is it just the long boring off season? Funny you bring this up just yesterday I had two bikers on a narrow busy road do the same to me, well true to my NJ fashion I have perfected a technique that's a hoot, I drive as close to them as possible with out hitting them ( that's the hard part) and lean on the horn! Either they roll off the road and stop or you get the finger in any case I get my point across, get out of my !%$!@$! way!!!!
jerseyTDB
hunter

Return to Maine Duck Hunting