Guumpy old Men -Contued part 2

A place to discuss Maine hunting. Topics include Maine's reknowned sea duck hunting.

Moderators: DUKHTR, Dogman

Guumpy old Men -Contued part 2

Postby decoycarver » Wed Jul 17, 2013 10:20 pm

Trailer too, and I should do it at the empty school parking lot, with cones.So I picked up the back of his trailer to straighten it out, then he using the same language, commonly spoken by man..he grabbed the little outboard went to the back of the pick up and hoisted it high over his head =prop to the ski!. I told him I was not being critical ( when he first got to shore he said how well it ran at home that morning ) I asked is that how you load it in the truck all the time??he replied yes, its very light. I just got it at the outboard shop brand new , runs great at home then I keep taking it back, I just don't under stand it ??-Well I told him what the problem is -you lifted the prop way over the couling cover,makeing the motor upside down filling the motor head with oil, it will never start .I keep taking it back to the shop each time , keep it on the boat use a lock bar, read the owners Manuel --we always do right ?/-the older fella says we do this all the time and never get fishing ..the younger man thanked me and off they went -makes you think if it were rough water they might not have made it back..But are we always following procedure's too-do we rush too much to get on the waters ? food for thought =Boat safely, make a check list-hey did you ever forget to plug the boat --yeh, me too..I would rather practice now then fall/winter nasty weather--and it's coming !!--Still a bad day for a Snow Ball fight !! :smile:
decoycarver
hunter

Return to Maine Duck Hunting