Saturday 12/11/04 Report

A place to discuss Maine hunting. Topics include Maine's reknowned sea duck hunting.

Moderators: DUKHTR, Dogman

Saturday 12/11/04 Report

Postby puddleduck » Sat Dec 11, 2004 5:08 pm

Hunted south pond in warren today. bunch of birds mainly mallard and geese a few blacks. bird decoyed fairly well this morning. We ended the day with 5 mallards (4 drakes and 1 hen ) and 4 geese. Also I've been hunting waterfowl since I've been 10 years old (30 years now) and have shot tons of birds but never a banded bird until this morning. One of the geese I shot was banded which made for a pretty good day.
puddleduck
hunter

Postby Dogman » Sat Dec 11, 2004 5:44 pm

Congrats on the band,I haven't seen one of those since the 70's! :thumbsup:
My lab is still the best hunting partner there is.
Dogman
Forum & State Moderator

Postby DUKHTR » Sun Dec 12, 2004 8:10 am

great news on the band - congrats - I've been on a dry spell for the past couple seasons - will be anxious for you to f/up with a report on the data you get back from the Feds!!!
DUKHTR
Forum & State Moderator

Postby redleg hunter » Sun Dec 12, 2004 6:37 pm

SOUNDS LIKE A HELL OF A DAY PUDDLEDUCK. I GOT ONE OF THOSE BANDED GEESE BACK IN 89, NEVER GOT MY INFO BACK FROM THE FEDS THOUGH. CASCO BAY WAS MUCH BETTER SAT. THAN IT WAS FRI. STILL NOT WHAT I CALL ALOT OF BIRDS IN ,BUT I DID MANAGE TO LIMIT BY NOON.
redleg hunter
hunter

Great Job!

Postby duckmann » Mon Dec 13, 2004 7:28 am

Congrats on the band!! My brother shot a banded Hen Eider last season and reported it via the internet. The feds then e-mailed him back a bunch of information on the bird. . . was really cool.

I have NEVER shot a banded bird!

Duck Mann
duckmann
hunter

Return to Maine Duck Hunting