Terrible shame--government

A place to discuss Maine hunting. Topics include Maine's reknowned sea duck hunting.

Moderators: DUKHTR, Dogman

Terrible shame--government

Postby decoycarver » Thu Aug 01, 2013 9:32 am

while in Wally-world purchasing a new .22 cal. rifle for one of the Grand sons, There must have been approx., 10 people asking for .22 bullets, of course there were none. then an older woman with a young Boy Scout in uniform asked the same thing -what no bullets-To me being a past instructor of the Boy scout rifle merit badge -I knew exactly why they needed them --shame on our Government and those who are anti -gun -I will send word to my Representative's-which will fall on Deaf ears , am sure -one mad American :mad: ( no I didn't get any either :mad: Please if you have not nor got mad at the NRA-please Join--they need funds to fight for our( YOUR ) Too -and they do a great job-im not rich but I place my funds the best places I can !!
decoycarver
hunter

Re: Terrible shame--government

Postby native brookie » Thu Aug 01, 2013 3:12 pm

What does this have to do with the government?

Seems like a supply and demand problem to me.
native brookie
hunter

Postby Seaductor » Fri Aug 02, 2013 6:40 am

I thought it was illegal to purchase a gun for someone else???? I got turned down trying to buy one for my son!!!!

Sent from my XT556 using Tapatalk 2
When you get to be my age, it's always a race to see if you'll piss inside or outside of your waders!!
Seaductor
hunter

Postby Rise and Shine Retrievers » Fri Aug 02, 2013 10:06 am

It''s not the government. I know a guy that works for an ammunition company and he has trouble getting ammo in certain calibers. Supply & demand.
Preserve game, use a well trained retriever.
Rise and Shine Retrievers
hunter

Postby Woodsy » Fri Aug 02, 2013 6:04 pm

Totally supply and demand my younger brother works for Ruger here in Nh and they are working him like a dog six days a week Mandatory. pumping out 10-22s. He said they are making like 1250 a day and they are falling behind orders. Cheap guns, cheap ammo, still deadly... really though who would have thought 22 ammo would be such a hot commodity. I just looked at a box I had in the garage from forever ago $2.50. Never see that again.
Woodsy
hunter

Postby decoycarver » Sat Aug 03, 2013 6:45 pm

just googled National weather Station-( NOAH)-huge purchase of ammo following Homeland Security??--come on guys -it's a smoke and mirrors game-also Our government is currently buying spent brass for gun Ranges and clubs -shredding them and selling the brass to china !!--Supply and Demand yes, that's the way capitalism works. But read between the lines the fine Government print -they are NOT waving to you with all their fingers !--When should we start collecting Rocks -like people in other countries !!--get the sling shot out--wonder if we will have to use STEEL ?? :huh: Besides you can STILL give Firearms as a GIFT !! Unless Washington has changed that too already !!
decoycarver
hunter

Return to Maine Duck Hunting