NEW TO SITE

A place to discuss Maine hunting. Topics include Maine's reknowned sea duck hunting.

Moderators: DUKHTR, Dogman

NEW TO SITE

Postby skybuster » Wed Dec 15, 2004 9:00 pm

new to this site and it is great to see that there is a site to exchange info and talk to fellow hunters...i notice a couple guys from Gorham...i live there also....spend most of my time hunting with kpgunner and like he said not any real fast action to date.....arrow i feel for u too, i have drooled a the sight of those ducks in that horse pasture...
skybuster
Newb

Welcome

Postby duckmann » Thu Dec 16, 2004 7:17 am

Great to have you aboard!
duckmann
hunter

Postby redleg hunter » Thu Dec 16, 2004 5:34 pm

welcome skybuster. are you new to Gorham also?
redleg hunter
hunter

Postby skybuster » Fri Dec 17, 2004 1:30 pm

Been in Gorham for about 4 years now. Just started duck hunting last year though.
skybuster
Newb

Postby redleg hunter » Fri Dec 17, 2004 5:43 pm

are you in the littlefalls/white rock area?
redleg hunter
hunter

Postby DUKHTR » Mon Dec 20, 2004 8:17 am

welcome Skybuster....sure hope that surname is only a surname!!!!!

We have been sharing some good info on this site...I am in Buxton....hunt alot in NH though, especially on Sundays and into January....I have been hard pressed to find action here in Maine as good in the late season....and yes, I live down the road from the pasture and those birds roost locally......but I will not divulge where (sorry)...but have had some decent shoots in the pm when they return to their 'haven'.

We are only an hour's drive from some outstanding late season action...you may wish to consider getting a NH license next year...or even to finish the season down there which closes the 10th.
DUKHTR
Forum & State Moderator

New to Duck hunting

Postby augustacop » Fri Jan 28, 2005 3:42 pm

hi,
I just wanted to say this is a great site with alot of helpful information. I'm new to duck hunting and new to this great state of maine. My first duck season was last year and it was great (thirty years of wasted time) :yes: . My first birds were two geese on the wing (after that I was hooked). Next came the purchase of everything I could get ahold of (and then some). I spent most of my hunting life bow hunting (Tennessee some Maine). I wish that I knew duck hunting when I lived in Tennessee. I spent most of my time hunting the Kennebec area and my partner and I were very sucessful (my measure of sucess). I am looking for more hunting partners. I work off hours (night shift) so it's had to find someone to go when I can.
augustacop
hunter

Postby Dogman » Fri Jan 28, 2005 4:59 pm

Welcome aboard augustacop :welcome: .This is a great site with lots of good waterfowl addicts who share stories and info and there is always room for one more.
Even though the season is done keep checking in here,there is always off season project ideas and such.Get togethers with members of this and other sites as well will be posted as the year progresses.
Welcome again :thumbsup:
My lab is still the best hunting partner there is.
Dogman
Forum & State Moderator

Return to Maine Duck Hunting