Eider Update??

A place to discuss Maine hunting. Topics include Maine's reknowned sea duck hunting.

Moderators: DUKHTR, Dogman

Eider Update??

Postby duckmann » Thu Dec 16, 2004 7:23 am

Getting ready to head out tonight for Brooklin to hunt on Friday and was wondering (once again) if with the lastest cold snap if anyone has seen any Eiders making their way into the inner bays?

Had heard reports from another duck hunter that the Bagaduce River was beginning to see many Blacks and Mallards due to the latest icy blast from the north BUT I have yet to hear about Eiders in large numbers.
duckmann
hunter

Postby DUKHTR » Thu Dec 16, 2004 3:37 pm

all reports I have seen on other forums are positive...Bill Wasson had a get-together last week and they pounded the eiders.....alot of other positive reports too from guys that travelled up here....the only negative report I saw was about Penobscot Bay Outfitters...I would rather not make a complete judgement though, since it's second hand. However, it is not the first about that group I have heard.
DUKHTR
Forum & State Moderator

Postby puddleduck » Thu Dec 16, 2004 4:54 pm

Duckmann Let me know how you do on Eiders Friday. I cant make up my mind what I want to do Saturday. Is it going to be Eiders in Stonnington or mallards and blacks in penobscott river in winterport.

Have a good hunt
puddleduck
hunter

Eider Update??

Postby duckmann » Mon Dec 20, 2004 9:58 am

Friday and Saturday I didn't see one single Eider. This is a complete turn around from previous years (esp. this late in the season!) where I was actually tired of shooting at them by the end of the day! Not sure why they had no interest in hitting the inner bays this season, but sometime that is just the way it goes. . .
duckmann
hunter

Return to Maine Duck Hunting