Maine IFW

A place to discuss Maine hunting. Topics include Maine's reknowned sea duck hunting.

Moderators: DUKHTR, Dogman

Maine IFW

Postby hurtin_honkers » Tue Aug 20, 2013 4:11 pm

I know this topic was already brought up, and I've checked and seen the proposed dates for this year's seasons, but when will they be official? Maine.gov says season dates will be posted mid to late September? And unless ive been extremely mistaken the past few years and been poaching like crazy, i believe we have a goose season that starts soon! Im sure theres a simple answer im missing, but just would like to know whats up!
The worst thing about missing isn't the ridicule from your buddies, its the disappointed look of your dog
hurtin_honkers
hunter

Re: Maine IFW

Postby K.I. Joe » Tue Aug 20, 2013 5:27 pm

The simple answer is the system is flawed and we should not find out the week before we get to hunt when we can hunt and what the limits are. Sorry, i am ranting LOL
K.I. Joe
hunter

Postby hurtin_honkers » Tue Aug 20, 2013 6:12 pm

No worries! Now i dont feel so bad that im the only one! Haha, im almost debating on just going out right now and shooting a boat load, and when the wardens show up ill say "i couldnt wait on you guys any longer so i just made my own season, with my own bag limit"! Haha JUST KIDDING(for those who dont get humor)
The worst thing about missing isn't the ridicule from your buddies, its the disappointed look of your dog
hurtin_honkers
hunter

Postby 733SubDucker » Tue Aug 20, 2013 6:52 pm

You are right. I am involved in the regs process but I don't know why the regs are not posted yet. They are official following the public hearing once verified by the Waterfowl Council and Advisory Council representative.

Early goose opens on the 2nd. Good luck.
733SubDucker
hunter

Postby RedDog » Wed Aug 21, 2013 7:14 am

They're posted here:
http://www.maine.gov/ifw/hunting_trapping/laws/mig_birdlaws.htm

I believe the state has to wait until the Federal regs are finalized before they can publish. Last year, early season regs were finalized by the USFWS on 8/31 and late season regs were finalized on 9/21.
RedDog
hunter

Postby R-Factor » Wed Aug 21, 2013 7:55 am

Thanks Red Dog- just ran a copy through the printer. :thumbsup:
R-Factor
hunter

Postby hurtin_honkers » Wed Aug 21, 2013 11:11 am

I jumped the gun on the post! Haha
hurtin_honkers
hunter

Return to Maine Duck Hunting