The FULL bag limit

A place to discuss Maine hunting. Topics include Maine's reknowned sea duck hunting.

Moderators: DUKHTR, Dogman

The FULL bag limit

Postby hurtin_honkers » Wed Aug 21, 2013 11:17 am

Now, hunting inland southern maine, i generally dont see more than mallards or woodies generally, and reading through the book, i understand that you can kill 6 ducks, no more than 4 of a kind, only 3 woodies, two mallard hens, 2 pintail, scaup, and red heads. I read that you can only kill 6 teal, no more than 4 of a kind, (assuming that is considered "regular ducks") but am i reading it correctly that you can kill 5 mergs along with the 6 regular ducks? Making a fully daily limit 11 birds? God knows i have a snowballs chance in hell getting that limit haha but am i reading that correctly?
The worst thing about missing isn't the ridicule from your buddies, its the disappointed look of your dog
hurtin_honkers
hunter

Re: The FULL bag limit

Postby 733SubDucker » Wed Aug 21, 2013 1:50 pm

that's some good eats right there!
733SubDucker
hunter

Postby Seaductor » Mon Aug 26, 2013 9:21 am

733SubDucker wrote:that's some good eats right there!

Love those lawndart meatballs!!! :no:
When you get to be my age, it's always a race to see if you'll piss inside or outside of your waders!!
Seaductor
hunter

Postby DucksDown07 » Tue Aug 27, 2013 7:45 am

Don't forget to add in your 5 coots, putting you to 16 birds. Or your two geese, in northern zone we have a couple days of early goose overlap into duck, so there's another 6. Potential of 22 per day :beer:
Some people say, "if it flies, it dies"
I'm on record the "if it just sits there, it still dies"
-Phil Robertson, The Duck Commander
DucksDown07
hunter

Postby hurtin_honkers » Tue Aug 27, 2013 8:00 pm

Jeeze! I was hoping to make it through the season on what I have left from last year and 2-3 new boxes! Guess I should start buying cases!!! :grooving:
The worst thing about missing isn't the ridicule from your buddies, its the disappointed look of your dog
hurtin_honkers
hunter

Return to Maine Duck Hunting