great scouting app for your phone!

A place to discuss Maine hunting. Topics include Maine's reknowned sea duck hunting.

Moderators: DUKHTR, Dogman

great scouting app for your phone!

Postby Seaductor » Fri Aug 23, 2013 4:57 am

I added scoutlook to my phone and it's a pretty decent app! The satellite definition is excellent. I think they use google earth but they can provide a lot better picture resolution than google earth will give you without paying google a bunch of money!!

They have tools for marking spots with waterfowl icons and will show you the predicted set zone for your decoys based on the current weather prediction for your current location or for one you select.

There are a couple versions out there, both by Huntlogix but one is sponsored by Mossy Oak and is free to download. The unsponsored one is $2.99. I got it off Google Play
When you get to be my age, it's always a race to see if you'll piss inside or outside of your waders!!
Seaductor
hunter

Re: great scouting app for your phone!

Postby wanapasaki » Fri Aug 23, 2013 5:03 am

Alot of folks on the other end, are learning about your great spots, but if you don't mind, keep using the app :lol3:
Give a man a duck... Feed him for a day... Teach him to fowl hunt... Feed him for a lifetime...Teach him in your spot... Learn to hunt a different spot....
wanapasaki
hunter

Return to Maine Duck Hunting