Scouting season all year.

A place to discuss Maine hunting. Topics include Maine's reknowned sea duck hunting.

Moderators: DUKHTR, Dogman

Scouting season all year.

Postby decoycarver » Tue Aug 27, 2013 12:08 pm

Well boys it's almost here!!-scouting always all season,
Did you get your game cleaning Equipment out clean and in order--yes, you may even Bag something--so process it !!
Duck stamp signed and attached ?
You shoot Clays this summer ??
Going through your list,checking it twice-??
New Stuff to break in
old stuff to fix
If an old timer had told me years ago what amount of Stuff id have after 38 seasons-and the price I paid per pound of Waterfowl meat--well. I'd have servants, and a moderate Mansion on a Beach with some off shore accounts !!--
But only 1/2 the Fun as I do each Season===lets all be safe out there ..Remember Integrity is what we do when no one is WATCHING--and don't forget the Anti-Hunters -each year they multiply , and Sportsman dwindle take someone new.. :yes:
decoycarver
hunter

Re: Scouting season all year.

Postby 733SubDucker » Tue Aug 27, 2013 3:07 pm

I've got the punt gun all cleaned and a barrel full of screws and rusty nails. The geese are getting real used to eating that corn floating in the pond, so I'm pretty well set. NOT :no:

Seriously though, I've been getting things together for a while now. Actually drug out the blind bag and organized that today. Had to take out the insulated face masks and gloves and replace with bug dope! :crying:
733SubDucker
hunter

Postby hurtin_honkers » Tue Aug 27, 2013 6:03 pm

Right with ya subducker! Just finished mounting the cannon on the front of the boat for some good ol' huntin right there behind those yellow signs no one ever seems to hunt! Haha but I recently did patch up some old waders! And busted a box of clays the past two weekends! Checking decoys is next!
The worst thing about missing isn't the ridicule from your buddies, its the disappointed look of your dog
hurtin_honkers
hunter

Postby decoycarver » Tue Aug 27, 2013 6:34 pm

Taking scuba lessons, getting ready for Divers,Sea-ducks will think I am a large Seal !!--I practice by throwing Chickens in the lake and pulling them under--saves on Ammo too !!--I am sure someone will make a reality show out of it ?? chicken Pullin :huh:
decoycarver
hunter

Postby hurtin_honkers » Thu Aug 29, 2013 2:25 pm

Now on discovery channel, one man goes above all others for the sport he loves. Taking duck hunting to the extreme, above all odds and obstacles nothing can stand in the way, of the "seal man"
The worst thing about missing isn't the ridicule from your buddies, its the disappointed look of your dog
hurtin_honkers
hunter

Postby Robk » Thu Aug 29, 2013 7:54 pm

all three shotguns have their fall chokes installed. All ammo is checked and inventoried/ordered. All three deke bags are checked and loaded. all three set's of waders are leak tested. calls are primed and readied. is it season yet?
Robk
hunter

Postby Rise and Shine Retrievers » Fri Aug 30, 2013 4:47 am

Taking scuba lessons

I had a guide tell me one time they put a guy in divng gear, out in the decoys to film a hunt. Keep your shots up!
Preserve game, use a well trained retriever.
Rise and Shine Retrievers
hunter

Return to Maine Duck Hunting