Sonnington Sea Ducks

A place to discuss Maine hunting. Topics include Maine's reknowned sea duck hunting.

Moderators: DUKHTR, Dogman

Sonnington Sea Ducks

Postby puddleduck » Fri Dec 24, 2004 8:35 pm

Hunted for Sea Sucks in Stonington This morning. Got set up around 6:45. No birds flying. So I figured we were set up in the wrong place. Left the rest of my party on the rocks and figured I would motor around to see if I could find any birds. Covered a lot of area and only saw 1 raft of about 30 Eiders and a couple of pairs here and there. Never fired a shot all morning. Even on a bad day we can usually scratch up a few Eiders but nothing this morning. Hope next weekend turns out to be better. Should of hunted for mallards and Blacks this morning.
puddleduck
hunter

Damn Eiders!

Postby duckmann » Wed Dec 29, 2004 9:06 am

PD,

Same thing I saw when I was in Brooklin (just across from you in Stonnington) a few weekends ago . . . wish those Eiders would fly just a little closer to shore! I usually shoot 8-10 Eiders per season and this year my score is 0.

Did you spot any scooters or old squaws?

Duck Mann
duckmann
hunter

Postby puddleduck » Wed Dec 29, 2004 6:21 pm

Duck Mann

I saw a total of 3 scooters. But their were quite a few Old Squaw around but not as many as usual. Hope this Weekend is better. I think I am going to head out to Round Pond area as Stonnington has not been so productive the last couple of years as it usually is.

Goodluck if you're heading out this weekend
puddleduck
hunter

Return to Maine Duck Hunting