Action Cam video from this morning. My first

A place to discuss Maine hunting. Topics include Maine's reknowned sea duck hunting.

Moderators: DUKHTR, Dogman

Action Cam video from this morning. My first

Postby Seaductor » Wed Sep 25, 2013 9:37 am

When you get to be my age, it's always a race to see if you'll piss inside or outside of your waders!!
Seaductor
hunter

Re: Action Cam video from this morning. My first

Postby 733SubDucker » Wed Sep 25, 2013 9:43 am

Nice video! Looks like you found some cut corn. That is hard to come by this year. That extra fraction of a second makes all the difference. I always kick myself for rushing the first shot and then taking my time and settling in for 2 and 3. Great job with your CT buddy.

Were you feeling inspired? :lol3: So what kind did you get?
733SubDucker
hunter

Postby Seaductor » Wed Sep 25, 2013 9:59 am

It's an Xcel! Pretty neat, camo case and headstrap and a bunch of other attachment goodies. Takes some learning to get things right. Those 2 showed up quick and high. Dropped right to the hole! Bad news for them!
When you get to be my age, it's always a race to see if you'll piss inside or outside of your waders!!
Seaductor
hunter

Postby 682x » Thu Sep 26, 2013 6:45 pm

Very cool. I wanted to pick up a barrel mounted one but 8 bills!!! not for me yet...
Arnold Trail Trap , Skeet, and 5-Stand.
682x
hunter

Postby MaineHunter » Thu Sep 26, 2013 8:35 pm

For some reason it doesn't play for me?
MaineHunter
hunter

Postby 733SubDucker » Thu Sep 26, 2013 9:15 pm

682x wrote:Very cool. I wanted to pick up a barrel mounted one but 8 bills!!! not for me yet...

You can get a camera for $200-$300 and mount it anywhere you want. I use a head mount for mine so I would be able to follow birds without necessarily pointing the gun at them, or at people.
733SubDucker
hunter

Postby Seaductor » Fri Sep 27, 2013 6:24 am

This camera was about $250 at Cabelas and came with a waterproof camo case and a remote along with headstrap, scopemount and bow mount. It's target market is hunters. The Gopro is more money and you have to buy a lot of the mounts and the remote separately. It didn't have a camo case either. That was the big selling point for me since my main use will be waterfowling. A lot of which is out off a layout blind. I can keep my face under the doors with the camera sticking up between the flaps.

Sent from my XT556 using Tapatalk 2
Seaductor
hunter

Postby 733SubDucker » Fri Sep 27, 2013 8:27 am

That's why I made the little camo 'camera hammock' for my Sony! :lol3: That Cabela's one looks real nice. :thumbsup:

Here is an early goose three shot trifecta Seaductor, Sprig, and I put down...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xLn4TxLWc-4

Here is a short video of the first mature drake of the year getting brained (so hard to see immature drakes at this time of year)...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uzHUlXn_JnI

One thing I've learned is that I need to move my head more, not just my eyes AND I'm gonna have to set up regarding the sun more than the wind to get better color contrast on the birds for the tape. Even an early morning sky is hard to deal with a dark wood line when the birds get low.

It is just a fun way to share hunts with friends and family at home.
733SubDucker
hunter

Postby MaineHunter » Mon Sep 30, 2013 9:33 pm

I have a Liquid Image EGO cam. RAM mounts makes a mount that zip ties onto whatever you want to put it on (gun barrel) and works very well! The camera is about $180. They make a waterproof case for it as well that is an extra cost. I use my camera all the time since I've gotten it this past spring. Will have it hooked onto my gun barrel in the morning!
MaineHunter
hunter

Return to Maine Duck Hunting