Jan 4

A place to discuss Maine hunting. Topics include Maine's reknowned sea duck hunting.

Moderators: DUKHTR, Dogman

Jan 4

Postby DUKHTR » Tue Jan 04, 2005 12:27 pm

finally got a couple mallards this morning - along with a Canada - was the ony one out on Great Bay - no shots or other trailers at the launch.....first place sucked, they birds were flying over and out of range (was trying an afternoon spot) so at 8 I picked up and made a long move ....before I even stashed the boat I had four mallrds into the dekes and I was able to grab the gun and drop the close drake....about ten minutes later tried to take a double and missed the first shot, but still got him on the second......after a quiet half hour six geese lifted off the back of the cove and came right by, about 20 feet off the water heading out into the Bay and I dropped one......my plan to continue to change tactics will be to hunt a different area of the coast later this week as the tide gets better
DUKHTR
Forum & State Moderator

Postby kpgunner » Tue Jan 04, 2005 3:31 pm

I hope you're hunting in New Hampshire... lol
"Crazy vegetarians"
If we weren't meant to eat ducks,
why did God make them out of meat??
kpgunner
hunter

Postby Dogman » Tue Jan 04, 2005 4:20 pm

Good job Dave :thumbsup: ,nice to hear something positive coming from the bay!
My lab is still the best hunting partner there is.
Dogman
Forum & State Moderator

Postby DUKHTR » Wed Jan 05, 2005 7:23 am

will be moving from the Bay on Friday Mike - was planning to be out Thurs , but looks like a nasty day for keeping decoys clean....will follow-up with you if I find a good spot for the weekend - probably Sunday....I think I have a spot which will offer us puddlers, geese AND seaducks!!! Did alot of miles on the Tundra Monday afternoon and almost wore out the binoculars!
DUKHTR
Forum & State Moderator

Return to Maine Duck Hunting