Duck Hunting Forum banner

Littleducker gets her first... and more

3K views 12 replies 11 participants last post by  MaineHunter 
#1 ·
As some of you know, my oldest daughter Littleducker has over 6 years experience trudging along with me through muddy fields and frozen river banks, setting decoys, and grassing blinds. On Saturday she took her first duck and goose!

Absolutely arrogant "coyote hunters" threatening us, and another party of goose hunters setting up on the same property, increased the difficulty level, but we made the day into something truly special. We were also joined by a close friend and his 6yo daughter which was a lot of fun and went out for a big celebratory breakfast afterwards. It was fun to see other kids at the restaurant interested in the decoys and birds in the parking lot and their parents willingly bringing them over for a closer peek.

SUNRISE

FIRST GOOSE

FIRST DUCK (WHAT A DIRTY DRAKE)

LITTLEDUCKERS FIRST 3 BIRDS

Here are some videos of the morning. I'm so glad I bought it for just this occasion. MAKE SURE YOUR SELECT '1080HD' WHEN YOU VIEW IT.

Opening commentary ;-)

What a sunrise…

First goose!

First duck!

Last we time we hold back (more regrets and close calls)…

Finishing more geese!

BTW - My fat carcass did chase down and retrieve that goose... over 900 yards away... :doh

According to Littleducker, the gloves are off now and I could not be more proud.

See less See more
6 4
#7 ·
Fantastic! Great post SD! It's always such a great feeling to be with someone when they get their first anything. Great videos too! Maybe tell those dog hunters to pretend like they're waterfowling- I've seen more coyotes from a layout blind than I ever have predator hunting. Again, CONGRATULATIONS!

#11 ·
Thanks guys.

I'll keep taking her as long as she wants or has time to go. She started middle school this year and I've been happy to hear that a couple of her new friends hunt with their dads too. Ran into a gentleman and his grandson hunting together the other day.

Good times all around.

Now we just need to get out and shoot some more birds! :hammer:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.