under power

A place to discuss Maine hunting. Topics include Maine's reknowned sea duck hunting.

Moderators: DUKHTR, Dogman

under power

Postby decoycarver » Sat Oct 19, 2013 3:41 am

Thursday, while working in the yard, I heard several gunshots, on the bay-there have been geese there almost all fall. but changed their patterns the last 2 years, " roost shooters" are the cause. I know this to be fact because I have witnessed this going on by not one boat but by several, NON-Locals. I have been here for 2 decades and know just about everyone here. Small Town small Bays. Lot's of Eyes. Well Thursday, the shots where in front of my Bay not far mind you, so I took a little drive down to the neighbors Cottage -they were there and were watching the display of " Ignorance"--as the Man was quoted.
He explained that this camo boat with 3 people -one appeared to be a woman in the front where chasing Geese and shooting at them as the tried to get away, followed them all over the Bay, He knew the rules and regs, but couldn't get numbers off the Boat,I saw the boat camo-big camo-pattern ( spots)-black outboard--the man said they finally killed one.--
My area is not the big, only a few boat launches, If I hadn't had an appointment to get to I would have gone to the Launch and confronted the 3. Hopefully hearing the other 1/2 of the story. So, here is words of Wisdom --There are plenty of EYES watching you all the time, re-READ your Laws and Regulations, know them inside out--* Federal & State "--Violations--I don't see the price to pay in front of the Man with the " GAVEL " the price of waterfowl Meat -goes even higher !!--You make ALL of us look bad. You will get caught just a matter of time..READ YOUR REGULATIONS---
decoycarver
hunter

Re: under power

Postby maineducker » Sat Oct 19, 2013 2:45 pm

So many of these stories are posted but no one ever calls a warden. Why? :huh:
maineducker
hunter

Postby Baymen Moe » Sat Oct 19, 2013 3:02 pm

Disgusting. I have the Ma EPO # in my contacts on my cell phone for any occaision.
Baymen Moe
hunter

Postby decoycarver » Sun Oct 20, 2013 3:28 am

Great idea to have the proper phone #;s ready in the phone, also Marine patrol and coast guard, etc. there are several boats I am on the look out for,, Last year I watched some guy run the bay while his Buddies (which I finally located and was watching) from my Dark Green pick up,They nailed a goose from a small flock, then the same boat comes speeding down the bay, to where they where, -they pointed towards me, and I never saw Guys pick up decoys and gear so fast in my life -hop in the boat and off they went, ( again distance didn't allow me to get boat numbers),I am sure the way they acted they were up to no good and used their phone to call their ride,,like I said the launches are few and far between,but there only 2 major roads down here, and 3,000 miles of shore..Their day will come just a matter of time,and place.--they will be in the Deer woods taking " Sound " shots soon, I am sure.
decoycarver
hunter

Return to Maine Duck Hunting