nada bird moving

A place to discuss Maine hunting. Topics include Maine's reknowned sea duck hunting.

Moderators: DUKHTR, Dogman

nada bird moving

Postby rabidhunter66 » Sat Oct 19, 2013 8:15 am

Got a late start this morning and vehicles parked in the first two spots I usually go and rather then bust someones set up I headed out to our camp on a small pond in Searsport and see what happens. This pond has not been good to me in the past and it continued today but usually I see a few birds flying over the far side. Nadda today. Oh well next half of the season will be here soon enough. Hope someone got into some. My son in law hunted near Hermon pond this morning and he said the same thing. Only saw one small flock of geese.
rabidhunter66
hunter

Re: nada bird moving

Postby JCraig12 » Sat Oct 19, 2013 8:56 am

Keep looking. The birds are around you just gotta find em. I had 20-30 mallards, 15-20 woodies, and a couple dozen teal all get ready to decoy yesterday. But of course the guy I went with got cold and started packing up at about 830 as soon as they started flying. :mad:
JCraig12
hunter

Postby rabidhunter66 » Sat Oct 19, 2013 9:24 am

Good to see you have birds heading through your way JC. That means they are heading my way. I will be heading inland to the northern zone for next weekend. Like to see some cold weather move down. Good luck to you.
rabidhunter66
hunter

Postby JCraig12 » Sat Oct 19, 2013 9:38 am

I've heard that the hunting down around Unity has really slowed up quite a bit. I've been seeing my numbers in the Newport area so it shouldn't be long.
JCraig12
hunter

Postby Bunker » Sat Oct 19, 2013 11:11 am

rabidhunter66 wrote:Got a late start this morning and vehicles parked in the first two spots I usually go and rather then bust someones set up I headed out to our camp on a small pond in Searsport and see what happens. This pond has not been good to me in the past and it continued today but usually I see a few birds flying over the far side. Nadda today. Oh well next half of the season will be here soon enough. Hope someone got into some. My son in law hunted near Hermon pond this morning and he said the same thing. Only saw one small flock of geese.

Did they get any geese? My father sounded a little jealous since he couldn't make it out there this morning due to work but said he'd heard a whole bunch of shooting coming outta there.

Sent from my pocket pop-tart type thingy via Tapatalk
Bunker
hunter

Return to Maine Duck Hunting