Stolen Stash canoe from a young hunter

A place to discuss Maine hunting. Topics include Maine's reknowned sea duck hunting.

Moderators: DUKHTR, Dogman

Stolen Stash canoe from a young hunter

Postby rabidhunter66 » Fri Oct 25, 2013 8:34 am

OK I know it wasnt much of a canoe and it leaked a little, AND it probably is a lesson learned for him BUT some people really pizz me off. My son in law who works 60+ hrs a week to feed his family and afford their home wanted to get into duck hunting so I gave him what he needed to get started which included this old canoe that I fixed up a couple years ago for myself. He dosnt have much extra money and dosnt take one thin dime from the state and they NEVER ask for anything.

Some looser stole this canoe sometime over the last week from its stash spot just off Hermon pond. Aparently who ever it was thought that they deserved it more then then he did. It couldnt be seen from the entry road but was down by the water so who ever it was had to be hunting i believe.

He would like it back if at all possible no questions asked. It really limits him being able to hunt the few hours he gets a week. Him and I will be hunting Hermon Pond tomorrow morning. I will paddle my kayak from the launch on the Bog Rd and he will hve to walk up through the woods to meet me at the mouth. It would be nice if it is returned to the launch before we get there if you like or around 5:30am when we are there. Nothing will be said to you he would just like it back.

If you have seen this canoe please encurage the person to return it. I know this is a long shot but he is a great young man that has been through alot in his life and has overcome it all. If we need to come pick it up please get my number to whoever has it and we will pick it up.207-944-7711again no questions asked.

Here is a picture of what it looks (or looked) like. Not much but it worked. Thank You.

rabidhunter66
hunter

Re: Stolen Stash canoe from a young hunter

Postby 733SubDucker » Fri Oct 25, 2013 8:58 am

That sucks! :mad:

Probably the same moron that shot the eagle... :no:

Best of luck. :sad:
733SubDucker
hunter

Postby rabidhunter66 » Fri Oct 25, 2013 9:05 am

733SubDucker wrote:That sucks! :mad:

Probably the same moron that shot the eagle... :no:

Best of luck. :sad:

Thats what I was thinking!
rabidhunter66
hunter

Postby Seaductor » Sun Oct 27, 2013 5:24 am

I saw one that looked a lot like it strapped to a truck at Home Depot in Augusta Friday!

Sent from my XT556 using Tapatalk 2
When you get to be my age, it's always a race to see if you'll piss inside or outside of your waders!!
Seaductor
hunter

Postby rabidhunter66 » Sun Oct 27, 2013 7:06 am

Thanks seaductor. Remember what kind of truck? Anyone else see it on here?
rabidhunter66
hunter

Postby decoycarver » Sun Oct 27, 2013 7:55 am

Been there is sucks -went to get my Stash of Decoys ( I was 12 ) and -GONE--well same thing happened here, now I bring in I take out !!--My name on the Decoys etc. I have approx., 2 Dozen older Decoys you can have if it will help him ..They will get caught..
decoycarver
hunter

Postby rabidhunter66 » Sun Oct 27, 2013 8:12 am

Thanks decoycarver appreciate it alot we are good on the decoys. I dont think we will be stashing anything again. Its more the principal of the thing now. Id love to find it attached to someones truck! :boxing:
rabidhunter66
hunter

Postby Seaductor » Sun Oct 27, 2013 11:38 am

rabidhunter66 wrote:Thanks seaductor. Remember what kind of truck? Anyone else see it on here?

It was a black, full size american and not very new! Don't know for sure what kind.

Sent from my XT556 using Tapatalk 2
When you get to be my age, it's always a race to see if you'll piss inside or outside of your waders!!
Seaductor
hunter

Postby flylineguide » Sun Oct 27, 2013 5:06 pm

Call the warden service. A few years ago a law was passed addressing stashed boats. They do remove them from time to time. They are considered trash after some time. Upstate you need a permit to stash a boat now and down state each warden is given disgretion as to ' some time' before calling it trash. Could be a warden in a not new black American truck picked up the boat and it may well be sitting behind his wood shed. Worth a try. I lost a few boats over the years at fishing holes it sucks to have stuff walk off.
Puddlers,Divers,Seaducks. Thank goodness I live in Maine. Stripers,bluefish,tuna. Inland trout,salmon,and rivertripping.
flylineguide
hunter

Postby rabidhunter66 » Sun Oct 27, 2013 5:12 pm

Thanks fly. Worth a shot. It was only there a couple days or so though.
rabidhunter66
hunter

Postby R-Factor » Mon Oct 28, 2013 6:55 am

Sorry to hear about this...that really does stink big time. :no: Unfortunately, I'm seeing a trend in that area that I don't like. I used to hunt a spot probably extremely close to where this happened, but haven't been back for about two years now. I've had a couple experiences in there with other hunters that really left a bad taste in my mouth...not a huge area either. An older gentleman from out of state owns about 2/3 of the shoreline where I hunted and was always more than happy to grant permission to hunt from his land.
R-Factor
hunter

Postby rabidhunter66 » Tue Oct 29, 2013 7:25 pm

I have to say that there are ALOT of good people in this world and one such person has turned a selfish act into a selfless act. A fine young gentleman offered up an extra canoe that he had to my son in law. Brandon thank you. You are a true sportsman in every sence of the word! Im a phone call away if you or yours need anything!
rabidhunter66
hunter

Postby papageno » Tue Oct 29, 2013 7:44 pm

:clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

Very nice... glad to hear it!
papageno
hunter

Postby BMowatt » Wed Oct 30, 2013 6:12 pm

very nice
BMowatt
hunter

Postby Professor_Leakey » Thu Oct 31, 2013 2:31 pm

i rarely ever post in this forum and i do not know who Brandon is, but he is obviously a class act. :beer:
I would rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy.
Professor_Leakey
hunter

Postby decoycarver » Sun Nov 03, 2013 9:16 pm

Rabid came to my place -Brandon who gave a replacement canoe-is I believe 25 years old and can not hunt the rest of this season-he is in Boston getting his first Chemo Treatments for Cancer --Yes this young Man had time to help some one else a complete stranger--in time of need in spite of His own need first-he is the guy asking to have duck Hunting pics. sent to him via-this site..so he doesn't miss the season the only way he can.I would like to Honor this Young Man--Rabid would have more details ..Times like this is why Americans Shine-with acts of courage, Integrity and Doing what he /she feels right in their hearts. These are the leaders of Men and the ones our Kids can look up too. American true blood ...I wish him well and the most success in his treatments. to a full recovery.Respectfully -Decoycarver. :bow: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
decoycarver
hunter

Return to Maine Duck Hunting