Duck Hunting Forum banner

migration report

3K views 15 replies 7 participants last post by  Bunker 
#1 ·
Went to a local spot just to watch this morning (southern zone)and at 6:50am the skies opened up with ducks. Looked like several hundred (sometimes I over estimate) and the flight lasted about 15 min then nothing except one lone goose landed. It will be some fast shooting for someone monday. I have to work :mad: dont shoot m all boys save me one or two for thursday.

#2 ·
I had several reports from colleagues up north that reported the same. The flights in one particular spot lasted almost 2 hours. I have to make it up there this week!!

#3 ·
There were alot of birds around monday, they were flying from about 5:30-9 or so, big flocks aswell. Id like to know who was shooting 12 minutes early!!! Some one couldnt resist the temptation.

#4 ·
Still pretty light on birds in the Belfast area from what I saw today. Saw a couple small flocks of geese 20-30 birds and 3 ducks. Nothing coming in though. (Probably the kazoo player in the bushes scared them off. Going to try another spot in the morning. Good luck everyone

#7 ·
Went Monday morning in southern Maine and same thing, sky opened up and saw hundreds. Flights lasted until 8:30 or so. Went a few evenings this week (schedule has been hard with 1 month old twins) and saw very few. 3 different pairs flying by, but not dropping in.

#11 ·
We saw hundreds of birds Monday on the opener, then didnt see much at all in the same location on Friday. Seems they have moved on or dispersed some, hoping the cold weather tonight and the next couple days will bring them back for this weekend!! Goodluck everyone

#14 ·
I busted a bunch of geese yesterday morning on the way to set up. Managed 1 Mallard despite having the wind swing around into my face. I didn't see much moving, don't know if it had to do with the wind or the cold. Got out this morning too with much better results. Saw Teal early but they didn't want anything to do with me, ended up with 4 mallards instead. Saw flights of geese and big ducks on the move. Hopefully they'll hang around an extra day or two with the warmer weather for the weekend.

Attachments

#15 ·
Bunker said:
I busted a bunch of geese yesterday morning on the way to set up. Managed 1 Mallard despite having the wind swing around into my face. I didn't see much moving, don't know if it had to do with the wind or the cold. Got out this morning too with much better results. Saw Teal early but they didn't want anything to do with me, ended up with 4 mallards instead. Saw flights of geese and big ducks on the move. Hopefully they'll hang around an extra day or two with the warmer weather for the weekend.
:thumbsup: Excellent!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.