Gator Duckhunter build

A place to discuss Maine hunting. Topics include Maine's reknowned sea duck hunting.

Moderators: DUKHTR, Dogman

Gator Duckhunter build

Postby rabidhunter66 » Wed Nov 06, 2013 12:51 am

Anyone in Maine build one of these? Looks interesting not sure how functional it is. I thought It would be good for some of the larger ponds and smaller lakes and may be some coastal harbor areas that are protected.

http://www.gatorboats.com/duckhunter_photos.htm
rabidhunter66
hunter

Re: Gator Duckhunter build

Postby Paddles Down » Wed Nov 06, 2013 2:42 pm

You know it looks like a real capable boat. I haven't built one, but sure have thought about it. I have on the other hand bought plans and am planning on building a Hybrid NL for next season if all goes well. It is another style duck rig that is lighter and more portable in my book. Here it is, [url][/http://www.hybridduckboat.com/files/index.php?id=12url]
the plans come from a guy that is called Missedagain on the site, he is a wealth of info on building these boats too. Good luck on what ever decision you choose to build. I've been wanting to make one for a while, but deployments have slowed things down. :beer:
Paddles Down
Paddles Down
hunter

Postby cableguy » Fri Nov 08, 2013 7:55 am

There is one for sale in Litchfield on Maine Craiglist.
cableguy
hunter

Postby rabidhunter66 » Fri Nov 08, 2013 9:50 am

Ya I see that. Coming up with the scratch before Christmas would be a stretch at best. I want a 16 though. It would make me feel a litthe more comfortable running a lake or inner harbors. That is a pretty damn good deal though. Man...wife would kill me!!
rabidhunter66
hunter

Return to Maine Duck Hunting