Another day 'lost'

A place to discuss Maine hunting. Topics include Maine's reknowned sea duck hunting.

Moderators: DUKHTR, Dogman

Another day 'lost'

Postby DUKHTR » Fri Jan 21, 2005 12:43 pm

Well I am itchy already - scouted this morning instead of hunting due to the cold - Cub and BobB want to go in the morning - but weather is so darn COLD, I really do not want to go all that much - I want to shoot, but no desire to be that uncomfortable even if dressed appropriately - maybe next week will work as it may get into the 20's! Have not seen alot of eiders though - from Scarborough south to Goose Rocks. Yesterday and today I maybe saw 200 total in a bunch of spots....a few scoters and no long-tails
DUKHTR
Forum & State Moderator

Postby Dogman » Fri Jan 21, 2005 5:25 pm

Cold is not the word that does justice to the temps we've had lately,more like the deep freeze we had last year.
This weather can definately put a damper on enthusiasm,even keeps the ice fishing trips on hold!
Hopefully it will get more favorable later on,but the forcast isn't pretty :eek:
My lab is still the best hunting partner there is.
Dogman
Forum & State Moderator

Postby DUKHTR » Sat Jan 22, 2005 10:13 am

I haven't given up - there's still this next week.......looks like a warm trend (in the 20's) starting Tuesday! It's after 11am and our thermometer just hit zero!!!!

Mike, will be in touch regarding a day later this week.
DUKHTR
Forum & State Moderator

Return to Maine Duck Hunting